Thinking about switching to Cubase

.:Wyze Loc:.

Ive been using Adobe Audition for so long now, but i've been hearing great things about cubase

basically all i really used adobe audition was for recording and editing my vocals.

will i be able to do the same with cubase?
is it easier or much harder?

Cubase SX3 or Cubase SL3

is WaveLab 6 good for editing>?

Cubase is a great program, IMHO.
I havent used wavelab yet, but I think its highly regarded. :)

I wouldent worry to much about the quality of these programs, I would think it would be more of a $$$$ thing :)

Wavelab is a mastering editor. It's not the same thing as Cubase, sonar, audition. It's for editing mixes and burning CD's.

Farview said:
Wavelab is a mastering editor. It's not the same thing as Cubase, sonar, audition. It's for editing mixes and burning CD's.

ok then, Cubase has a built in audio editor similar to audition?

Yes, it has. If you've got a lot of $$$$, get SX3. You won't be regret!. Or if you have limited $$$ get LE.

Good luck!

Yeah SX3 is awesome. May take a small amount of time to get to grips with, but nothing a bit of manual reading can't help, after that its pretty intuitive. You should be able to do pretty much what you want with it. I can't think of any reason I would want to use anything else right now.

hmm ok but now i realized that i cant get it now becuase i dont meet the system requirements lol.

imma need another 512 stick of ram for it

you cant buy LE btw. it's only bundled with hardware. Unless the vocal tracks you use have some kinda crazy number of plugins added to them etc, SE/SL should suit your needs just fine.

Back