Things are lookin' up! I'm gettin' Sonar 2!

Richie Woods

My financial situation is looking much better this week. I mentioned before that I'm on a "new equipment" budget. But, after discussing things over with the boss (Mrs. Boss that is) and selling a good amount of stuff from our old store, I'm getting Sonar this week! Yay!

Any advice for first time users?

Anything I should dig into first as I am new to Calkwalk products?

Or should I just dig in head first and go insane!?!?

You might want to run through the tutorials. They are a good way to become familiar with the features of the program and how to use them.

Thanks! If they (the tutorials) cover plenty of ground like recording and editing digital audio and midi, I'll be in good shape. I have heard that this is one of the best programs/sequencers out there...is that true?

And how about plug-ins, effects, and soft synths...does it come loaded???

Sorry for the Q's, I am just excited. :)

Richie Woods said:
Thanks! If they (the tutorials) cover plenty of ground like recording and editing digital audio and midi, I'll be in good shape. I have heard that this is one of the best programs/sequencers out there...is that true?

True !!!! :) It's the best of the best...

(second to Cakewalk Pro 3 :D :D :D kiddin' :D :D :D)

And how about plug-ins, effects, and soft synths...does it come loaded???

Yup :) If you get the 2.2 XL, it comes with couple Timework's plugins (Eq & Compresssor), and several cool DXi synth :) You won't regret at all !!!

As The Almighty Dachay2tnr mentioned above, the manual covers almost any basic things you need to know to run it first time :) However, if you have any difficulties with your setup, we're here to help you out, Richie...

;)
Jaymz

...please consider Pre-ordering Homerecording.Comp CD's Vol 2 :)

guitar ed said:
Check out this thread in this BBS:

Free NICE online Sonar Tutorial>>>for now

ed
I have been going through that. Nice demos. I am starting to feel as if I know Sonar already (well, the basics).

And thanks, James. I'm going for the works!:D

Thanks Porter, I'll keep that in mind. Only $20 for a used copy.

I can't beieve all the sh*t I have been missing using my digital 8-track stand alone for so long. Just plain stupid on my part. Well, my stand alone will now 'stand alone' as a decent mixer and preamp!

Back