These AI bot posts

rob aylestone

My computer literate friend is using AI bots to generate post. I gave him the text “are Shure SM7Bs good microphones?” It produced this. It’s scary!

When it comes to finding the perfect microphone for your recording needs, the Shure SM7B often becomes a topic of discussion. With its sleek design and reputation for high-quality sound, many wonder if this microphone lives up to the hype.

First and foremost, the Shure SM7B is a dynamic microphone that is widely used in professional recording studios around the world. It is known for its ability to capture clear and detailed audio, making it a go-to choice for musicians, podcasters, and broadcasters.

One of the standout features of the Shure SM7B is its versatility. Whether you're recording vocals, instruments, or even broadcasting, this microphone delivers excellent performance. Its built-in pop filter minimizes plosive sounds, ensuring that your recordings are free from undesirable distortions.

Another key aspect to consider is the SM7B's impressive frequency response. It has a flat response, which means it accurately captures the natural sound of your voice or instrument without adding any unnecessary coloration. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking for a transparent and genuine recording.

Durability is also worth noting when discussing the Shure SM7B. Its robust build ensures that it can withstand the rigors of frequent use. This microphone is built for the long haul, making it a reliable investment for any recording enthusiast.

So, is the Shure SM7B any good? Absolutely. With its exceptional sound quality, versatility, and durability, this microphone is a top contender for any recording setup. While personal preferences may vary, the SM7B consistently receives rave reviews from professionals and enthusiasts alike. Whether you're setting up a home studio or upgrading your existing equipment, the Shure SM7B is definitely worth considering.

I agree that it sounded much more like ad copy than someone who has used or heard the mic and is speaking from experience. It would be much more believable if it had given some indications of the advantages and disadvantages of the mic. I don't know which AI engine was used, but a really good AI would have scanned places like reviews and forums where the mic was discussed in detail, focused more on the results and opinion portions of the discussions, distilled that down to a rough consensus and then presented the information.

I wonder what response you would get if you asked the AI "Is a Sennheiser 835 better than an SM57" or "Is an RE20 better than an SM7b".

Reactions: TAE
The trouble with this is that forums like this will have responses by pretend people, or newbies using AI to answer questions. I suspect we already do. What is real anymore?

I agree that it sounded much more like ad copy than someone who has used or heard the mic and is speaking from experience.
It most probably is ad copy that the AI gathers from all over the internets mixed with reviews of the same and spit out to give a well rounded yet sterile review.

Back