TheRecordingRebels.com

Nah . . . Like TAE said above somewhere . . . Live and let live.

It does remind me, though, of what I read somewhere about political activists . . . in the name of freedom they seek to overthrow a regime whose overlords they don't like. But it's not freedom they want, they just want to install a regime in which they are in charge.

I'm sorry, but what a bunch of pussies to allow one person to dictate who can and cannot post over there.

I tell you what, gents, aint a damn one of us got a hair on our ass if we don't organize and do a forum raid. Saddle up and rally boys, who's with me!?? :mad:

:D

Too funny Mick! That was my knee jerk reaction / idea when I first read Jimi's post...

In retrospect Joke em..:laughings:

It takes A LOT to get banned permanently from this site....multiple bannings and warnings and "they" just couldn't help themselves from crossing the line again and again...weird, sad but true. They all brought good things to the table, the bad just out weighed the good so c-ya bye. Banning Jimi right out of the gate for nothing other than the fact that they don't personally "like him" and that they have the power to do such a thing speaks volumes of the jacked up thinking and inability to separate emotions from rational decision making that exist among those that felt it was appropriate to ban him. It's their sandbox, they get to make the rules.... Not a sandbox I'll personally be playing in and I know it sure won't break my favorite banned members heart that I'm not there. Now he's got a place to expound upon his brilliance with no filter required.

Integrity is like virginity, once you've lost it you can't get it back.

I just deleted some more of my rambling before I posted it. You're welcome.

Instead I decided to just put it in a simpler way.

^^ What gecko and TAE said.

On a truly off-topic note:

I'm seeing a Sweetwater ad off to the left where it says that they have Squier Affinity Broncos on sale for only $150!

I wish somebody would give me $150 for MY Bronco.:rolleyes:

I agree with a lot of the observations here.
If this new forum is an open place that's cool and if it's a private club that's cool too,
but if it's the latter it goes a long way to validating some of the concerns the mods had, leading up to this whole thing.

Just thought I would share this....I'm basically done with it at this point but...

When I got my ban notice it said; "If you have any further questions contact (their email addy)
So I contacted them and here is the conversation:
The only thing I have posted on this site is "hello". All I wanted to > do > is participate in the tone thread from time to time. Why do I deserve > a > permanent ban?

Good Day Mike, To reiterate in case you hadn't seen your ban message: "Apologies for the premature ban. sadly it has been noted that one or more of our more regularly contributing members has issue with your presence. To keep our community amicable and productive it has been decided to serve a ban. Have a great day."

From the Thought Police said:
"Apologies for the premature ban. sadly it has been noted that one or more of our more regularly contributing members has issue with your presence. To keep our community amicable and productive it has been decided to serve a ban. Have a great day."

Well that makes a lot more sense :drunk:... One good thing came out of this.....Now we all know your name is Mike not Jimi! Damn all these years...

Jokem Mike ...sorry you had to be the poster child but their true colors have been flown so to each his own...I ain't touching that shit.

I agree with a lot of the observations here.
If this new forum is an open place that's cool and if it's a private club that's cool too,

What's "not cool" is that JDOD came here telling us about the new forum and invited us ( maybe not authorized to do so ) to come on over if you miss some of the amazing stuff the Banned Boys brought to the table. Then they Bag Jimi as soon as he joins...IMO Not cool...looks and smells like butt hurt turd farts to me.

Now I want to register over there just to see what happens. :laughings:
You'd be cool ez_willis....They don't hate you guts nearly as bad as they do my guts. Your initial ban upon entering wouldn't be a permanent ban.....It would be a temporary ban until you could be properly vetted. They have to make sure you truly love their site, intend on assimilating to their recording culture, and intend them no harm

:laughings:

You'd be cool ez_willis....They don't hate you guts nearly as bad as they do my guts. Your initial ban upon entering wouldn't be a permanent ban.....It would be a temporary ban until you could be properly vetted. They have to make sure you truly love their site, intend on assimilating to their recording culture, and intend them no harm

:laughings:

I wonder if there is a ban on E-drums and Amp sims? Just wondering. I wouldn't last as long as Jimi. But I do understand them not wanting "my Kind".

I'm sure the righteous ones will chime in at any moment to set things staight---->Way to not prejudge. Jimi was on good behavior but some rebel recorders had him in their sights no matter what.
The banning was ridiculous

And what's with some of those guys, "come on over", "pop over and say hello", "it's an open forum and people can be members of both", etc

Suggestion, maybe you guys should private message people you want over there instead of offering a blanket invite in a public thread, that way people won't pop on over to say hello and be immediately greeted with a perm ban.

I'm tempted to withdraw my registration, but what's a rebel to do? :D

Back