There is too much annoying sounds which comes with high gain

rmznkskngl

Hello this is usual problem of rock music studios, however to have equal guitar sound with drum, we have to increase the sound plus when we add distortion, it is hard to have good sound. This situation is valid while live performance not on recording and most probably the reason is that mixer, speakers and microphones are very close each other in a small room.
- What are your tricks to over come to problem?
- To move mixer out of studio can solve the problem?
- Must Effect pedals stay far away from speakers and microphones?
- If I raise the speaker very top of the room, this will decrease the annoying sounds?
- Lastly, time delay and distortion pedal collect the radio frequencies, and there is always some songs and conversation comes out of speakers. When we close the distortion sound stops. So How can I stop the radio frequenncies?

Thanks

Yeah, what they said....turn up the amp volume.

Hello this is usual problem of rock music studios, however to have equal guitar sound with drum, we have to increase the sound plus when we add distortion, it is hard to have good sound.

What I'm not clear on.....are you all in one room/space, playing together "live" and recording it?
You can also try putting up some gobos between players to help isolate things a bit.

These are some of the reasons why tracking loud, heavy music as a performance in the same room isn't done very often. But it also sounds like you have the control room in the same room as the instruments, which doesn't help the situation...

What speakers are you raising to the top of the room? Guitar cabinets?

It sounds like you are setting up a recording studio in the same manner that you would set up a show at a club. It won't work very well.

Thank you very much for the answers.
Okay I will seperate the control room and the performing room. We do not have guitar cabinets, we only have 16 channel profx16 mixer, and two big rcf art 412a 800 wat peak 400 wat RMS speakers, everything is connected these mixer and speakers. So height of speakers are very low, that means they are closer to other electirical equipments and I am planning to raise them in a higher position if it is useful to do this. So wrap it up:

1- Turn the gain down, volume up,
2- Seperate the control room and performing room,
3- Move the speakers far away from instruments,
4- You did not give any solution for radio frequencies. It should stay :D yesterday, it was playing somewhere over the rainbow :D

Thank you very much for the answers.
Okay I will seperate the control room and the performing room. We do not have guitar cabinets, we only have 16 channel profx16 mixer, and two big rcf art 412a 800 wat peak 400 wat RMS speakers, everything is connected these mixer and speakers. So height of speakers are very low, that means they are closer to other electirical equipments and I am planning to raise them in a higher position if it is useful to do this. So wrap it up:

1- Turn the gain down, volume up,
2- Seperate the control room and performing room,
3- Move the speakers far away from instruments,

I'm thinking there's a lot more to be sorted out than 'how high speakers are and except mics maybe 'how close stuff is in the room, or equipment being in the same room etc.
You need to take each of these 'issues you've brought up (and lumped together for the most part) and separate them out so you can understand- and then you can deal with them as needed.
There's nothing inherently problematic about a bunch of equipment stuffed into a room together- even at high volume. (well.. There was that 'Help! my hard disk recorder's fucking flipping out 'cause of the bass bins nearby!' but :rolleyes:

4- You did not give any solution for radio frequencies. It should stay :D yesterday, it was playing somewhere over the rainbow..
see.. 'Spinal Tap' the Air Force base' gag :D

That could easily be a) a faulty shield on a cable, connection, b) very close proximity to a station/tower, c) any very high gain (read pickups guitars and amps likely) or any or all..

Last edited:
Are you recording from the Mackie mixer's USB output (a stereo mix)? This is NOT the best way to record a 'live band' situation.

Back