The worst mic and cable EVER?

Nope.

I disagree. (Some) RS stuff is infinitely worse than Nady mics. I own an SP9, and for 15 bucks it doesn't sound half bad.

Have you ever heard an SP9?

yeah, radio shack mics are often REALLY REALLY bad. if you count the unbalanced cables on some of the cheap ones as cables, radio shack might just sweep this one.

Radio Shack PZM

But then again, the original Radio Shack PZM (the square one) was one of the bargains of the century!

Just cut off the unbalanced 1/4' and fit an XLR and BINGO... it's now balanced!

Replace the 1.5volt battery with a nine volter and BINGO again... you've got more headroom. ;)

Re: Radio Shack PZM

pundit said:
But then again, the original Radio Shack PZM (the square one) was one of the bargains of the century!

Just cut off the unbalanced 1/4' and fit an XLR and BINGO... it's now balanced!

Replace the 1.5volt battery with a nine volter and BINGO again... you've got more headroom. ;)

That's too much bloody work to put into a Radio Shack mic.;)

I agree about the radio shack mics. No output, it seems and high handling noise...or whatever.

I disagree strongly on the cable issue. I bought about a dozen of the $4.99 guitar cables (with the yellow heat shrinked ends) and use them all the time. They are a little skinny, but sound as good [to me] as $35 gtr cables.

Also, on that success...I just bought a half dozen of those $2.99 mic cables with another order of other stuff. They aren't so skinny comparitively, and I've tested them out side by side with a good pre amp and mic(s) with other cables and they work just fine. Admittedly the connectors look a little cheap as compared to the "good" stuff, but they click in solid and work. Since the cables are in a home setting, they don't get abused nearly as much as ones on a gig, for sure. But, I have no complaints. I pretty much use cheap cables on a lot of stuff too. I don't subscribe to the "Monster Cable" theory...even after A/B comparisions. Maybe my ears are crap, but then why spend money if I can't hear the difference?

mixmkr said:
I agree about the radio shack mics. No output, it seems and high handling noise...or whatever.

I disagree strongly on the cable issue...

...my ears are crap...

...but then why spend money if I can't hear the difference?

Well, if others can hear the difference...

Seriously. It's not even funny how quickly they short out. The only thing that's worse is the $3 cable I bought for my first electric guitar.

*shudders*

Now, MF cable sounded like Jesus compared to that crap.

Back