The wife/girlfriend who hates your band/project.....

dreib

Im not even sure this is the correct place for this subject but I guess can it can be considered a recording technique.

You know who im talking about ,the better half who is the monkey and the wench, err i mean wrench.

Without boring you with the whole story , how have/do you guys handle that person that thinks everything your doing is stupid and a waste of time?

The little project that we have started is grinding to a hault because my pussy whipped guitarist has not been allowed to use the computer the last two days...LOL.

I may not get the answer im looking for but im hoping for at least a good laugh!

Pussy whipped? I can think of worse things to be whipped with. There are plenty of Yoko's to go around and I've encountered more than my share. The best I can offer is to stay well out of the way of this dynamic. Getting in the middle of it goes nowhere faster than keeping a distance.

Without boring you with the whole story , how have/do you guys handle that person that thinks everything your doing is stupid and a waste of time?

Well for starters I wouldn't make such a person my girlfriend let alone my wife!!!. It's hard enough trying to find time to work on music stuff as it is without people who are supposed to support you being monkeys and wrenches

Hotness can forgive a lot of flaws in a woman in the short term, but once the novelty of the dates and sex wears off you have to have something left to make a relationship worth keeping, especially if you are going to allow that relationship to be a factor in how much time/ability you have to do things that are important to you

If she thinks everything you do is stupid then the honeymoon is definitely over, time to move on to the next one

Oh, I just noticed you said it was your guitarists and not your own other half that was the problem

In the case where it's not your relationship that's different. I'd say arrange a little accident for her....I know a couple of guys who can help you out......

Oh, I just noticed you said it was your guitarists and not your own other half that was the problem

In the case where it's not your relationship that's different. I'd say arrange a little accident for her....I know a couple of guys who can help you out......

I have retired from such activitys Bristol ! :cool:

QUOTE=Bristol Posse;3832493]Oh, I just noticed you said it was your guitarists and not your own other half that was the problem

In the case where it's not your relationship that's different. I'd say arrange a little accident for her....I know a couple of guys who can help you out......[/QUOTE]

PM ME STAT!! LOL!

And back on topic, here are three possibilities: The pussy whipper may believe that your project will take attention away from her, or she is jealous and secretly wishes she could be your lead singer, or she really thinks it is stupid. I have experienced all three scenarios. My advice? Look for a new guitar player. ;)

My wife is a punk rocker and she keeps hounding me to get some music done.
Besides, it is all a stupid waste of time.
My answer, his wife doesn't understand him; he should dump her and go out on the road.
Sometimes, sitting on the curb and eating tuna fish out of the can under a street lamp is the way to go.

Tell the guitar player he's about to get dropped because of said girlfriend. If he can handle it, let him, and don't ever mention it again.

I've seen too many bands fall apart because someone in the band (male or female) had a love interest whodid not understand or was unwilling to tolerate the amount of time a band commitment can take.

Rarely does the demanding other back off and rearely is the "whipped" musician willing to change priorities if favor of the band.

As others have already suggested - seperate yourself from the situation, and find a new guitarist.

The little project that we have started is grinding to a hault because my pussy whipped guitarist has not been allowed to use the computer the last two days...LOL.

Your guitarist has bigger problems than your little project...... :laughings:

..."not allowed to use"...?...what is he, 8 years old? :D

The reality is that your little project probably is a waste of time. You're probably not gonna be rich, famous, tour, or even draw a crowd in your own locale. So if this crazy broad makes your guitarist happy, then let him be happy and don't worry about it. Relax. You don't have to do band stuff all day every day. That is a true waste of time. If he agrees with you that she's a tedious kunt, then help him get rid of her.

Dump the guitar player and the bitch. He is never going to grow a pair of balls. She is never going to like your band. Why are you walking on egg shells? If you can't move on to something better, then you're just as much a loser as they are. Either step up or shut up.

He probably is good friends with the guitar player, or, he owns the PA, or the truck, or is the drug dealer, or the only decent guitar player in town, or the only one who plays metal, or all of the above...

Just stop inviting him to practice :D

That "not allowed to use the computer" junk is fucked though.

Show the pair this thread. It'll straighten them up!

Well Ive been friends with this guy since grade school ,along with the bass player, and our little project is to record most of the songs we wrote and recorded way back in junior high and high school, we.ve been talking about doing it for years and now we are attempting to do it.

I know the reality is that im just gonna have to deal with his wife dictating his schedule. My problem is that I have a very put your nose to the grindstone and get it done attitude and when I get slowed up I get pissed.

I always have been very passionate about music, were not trying to make it, were not trying tour, or any of that bullshit, but I still expect the people I work with to prepare and play like that is the goal, because thats the way it should be. Well thats how I am. I was just venting. I guess I just need to relax and go with the flow and control what I can control.

The next phase of the recording is supposed to be at his place in a few weeks.....god help me.

Neither here nor there but I remember an incident in a band I was in many years ago. The drummer and his then girlfriend called a "Band Meeting". She's trying to get HER two cents into our conversation and looked at her and asked "exactly what fucking instrument do you play?". I loaded my gear out that night.

Back