"The Wedding Song" - mixing, mastering for review

astoebe

I produced this song as part of a project my senior year. I also performed the guitars, vox, and keys.

I would like some feedback on the song in general, specifics about the mix, and also the mastering.

I feel that the mastering is the weakest...the listening environment was not ideal, and I feel like I overly squashed the mix at an attempt to get it loud.....what do you think?

Thanks for the feedback, I look forward to hearing it. My soundclick is: www.soundclick.com/andrewstoeber and the song is "The Wedding Song"

im a novice really, but i will give it a listen - but what kind of school are you attending where you get to work on music like this?

musically speaking, its a nice song. (but you didnt ask about that)

im listening to it on my laptop computer - so speakers dont truly do justice. however, as a novice it sounds ok.

i dont hear anything drastically out of proportion. there may be a little "peaking" of the music itself - when i turn up the speakers there seems to be a slight hint of distortion . . . its not terrible but it is definitely something to change since you are working to record and mix as a "commercial" endeavor . . .so to speak

And since you said u overdid the mix for loudness . . . thats probably what im detecting . . .

it doesn't however, sound like you need to RE-RECORD/RE-TRACK anything, just keep working on the mix . . . perhaps re-tooling the compression variables . . .

Last edited:
Nice song. Nice vocals...nice everything!

Mix - the only thing that stood out to me was at the end, when it all comes back down, the lead vox is a tad too out front of everything...but really, that's it. just a tad. I didn't hear the distortion thing...I listened on the studio monitors and cans...sounds real nice. I'm not a big fan of making things loud just because that's 'in' right now...I thought the levels were nice!

cholo

Back