The VS - 840 GX

soulgrind

Hello,
I was looking into purchase the VS840 on the Roland website is says that the VS-840GX is PC compatable and converts the audio to .wav format. What i am wondering is if that is true and does that mean i can buy a zip drive for my PC and just insert the disk and it will be accesable already as .wav and i can go burn direct to CD???

Thanks very much,
soulgrind

I have the 840GX, and this is what that means:

Once you mixdown your tracks to a stereo mix, you CAN save that mix to a .WAV file internally.

You then remove the Roland formatted Zip disk, and put in a PC formatted Zip disk and copy it to the PC formatted disc.

Unless you buy the additional SCSI port for the 840GX--which is a couple of hundred bucks--AND an external 250MB SCSI Zip drive, the copy process will be a tedious (but doable) disc-swapping effort that I hear can take perhaps a half an hour.

Once the .WAV is on the PC formatted Zip (regardless of how it got there), you can then move that disc to your PC and do whatever you want with it.

The easy way, however, requires the purchase of a the SCSI port card for the Roland AND an external 250MB SCSI Zip drive.

However, I still feel like this is a good feature. Without it, the path to CD is even worse.

Back