the view from my gigs .....

Lt. Bob

Spread the Daf!
this is what I did over the summer ..... 5 days a week at The Shores and 2 a week at Sloppy Joe's for 12 weeks straight.
This is taken from where I sit and play for the shores gig.

Attachments

• shores 3.JPG
    shores 3.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 76
this is from Sloppy Joe's right outside the stage area where I play.
That Bandshell is a very cool place to play and I pick up a few gigs with various bands there during the year. It's not easy to see but it's a parabolic shape and you can stand at the focal point and clearly hear whispered conversations 500' away. It's very cool and weird.

Attachments

• sloppy joes 5.JPG
    sloppy joes 5.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
  • sloppy joes 3.JPG
    sloppy joes 3.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 74
yeah .... I'm not liking the snow much. Is that a pic from where you gig? And I'm assuming by gig we're talking about a normal job.

That's from last winter, through the front window of my house. I had to shovel the walk to get to the car so I could get to work/gig. Sometimes, I hate living here but the economy's good and the summers are great. Winter, natures' way of making you really appreciate summer. I don't gig anymore. I own my business and don't have time or energy for gigs. I have the basement studio to excercise my musical talents and get away from the world.

Excellent pictures, LT!!!!!

How do you handle the Florida heat? Or are you just accustomed to it.

Excellent pictures, LT!!!!!

How do you handle the Florida heat? Or are you just accustomed to it.
Thanks ..... I'm a pretty poor photographer.
The heat's not really a problem for me.
Don't forget ..... I'm from Lousiana where it's basically a tropical swamp with 500 miles of trees in every direction so there's never the slightest breeze.

So far I haven't found the heat to be a problem ..... there's always a breeze and that makes the difference..

Is there always that many people watchin' and groovin'?
not sure what you mean by that. It's a resort ...... I can't be taking pics while there's people there ... they object.
So I took the pics at about 10 am while I was setting up.
Yes ..... there's usually a decent crowd although they're mostly around the pool area to the far right of the pics
But it's a resort ..... music is only an amenity for the guests ...... they don't want people other than the guests there.

Bob - I recognize Daytona Beach's bandshell plaza, right? I get down there every couple of years for the 24 Hour race. Was there in January, but only went out to the Ocean Deck (next door to the Mayan, where me and friends stayed).

Bob - I recognize Daytona Beach's bandshell plaza, right? I get down there every couple of years for the 24 Hour race. Was there in January, but only went out to the Ocean Deck (next door to the Mayan, where me and friends stayed).
had you let me know I would have come over there and played with the C* Posse between drinkin' with ya'. I was there jamming just last week ...... great band and fun to play with when I have a little time off.
next time let me know.

Back