The Unravelling Pillbillies - Lonely and Blue

jedblue

beep beep beep beep beep
Every Thursday night we go 'round to Burgler's to drink beer, talk shite and have a bash in his basement. You never know how many or exactly who are going to turn up. Any number from three to ten. Last Thursday we had six and a half (Burgler's wife came down and did vox on a set) and I took my portastudio's down, stuck mikes in front of all the amplifiers, three on the drum kit, took pa desk feeds for the vocals, got rough levels, pressed play, sat down on the drums and recorded everything that went on.

So now I've got one and a half hours of single take jamming on various standards and originals (and plenty of inter-tune bullshit) to practise mixing with. Tonight we've got Burgler on guitar and vox, Pringles and Gasket on the other guitars & bv's, Jezza on keys, Roddy on bass, Petra on vox for a couple and your's truly on drums & bv's.

Here's a rough initial mix of one of the originals that got played. It's not been cleaned up at all, just basic levels and panning. I picked this one 'cause everyone seemed to get a solo somewhere on it. No one quite knows who's solo it's going to be or where they are going to happen though. This one's from about half way through. I think most of us were three beers in at this point... :drunk:

The Unravelling Pillbillies - Lonely and Blue

:)

Damn, I wish I could "go 'round to Burgler's"...it sounds fun.

This sounds pretty good, especially given the way you describe the set-up. Notable for how mellow, yet relatively focused it is for an impomtu jam session involving so many people. Love the keys. The upper registers of the bass kind of pop out a bit too much here and there maybe. Guitar solos are all enjoyable in their own way. Cool.

Fun listen...thanks :).

Back