The Unlived Life

Guitars sound nice. Very natural sounding. Vocal treatment works well.

The bass is a bit rumbly. I'd roll off some low end.

The keyboard is a bit quiet, and to my ear it could be a bit brighter.

Drums sound good.

Guitar solo sounds very good. Good guitar tone and very good playing.

I liked that bass. I dig a big, round bass tone. What were you playing? That recurring crash seems out of keeping with the sedate vibe of the track. Nice guitar playing and tone. Sorry, don't have much more to offer.

A disclaimer is in order: I’m pretty new to this, so don’t treat my comments with any authority.

I too found the bass a bit boomy, but I otherwise liked the sound a lot. It may just be a case of rolling back the volume a tad, because I kept wanting to turn it up to hear the awesomeness that is all the other stuff - but found myself a bit discouraged due to a "big boom" ;-)

Absolutely love the guitars! Superb stuff :D Is that a leslie I hear on an acoustic, or is there a keyboard hidden a bit in the back emphasizing it there? It was slightly "sinister"-sounding, I would have enjoyed even more of that. Drags it straight away to the Doors!

If I'm not mistaken, that is the EzDrummer standard kit snare? At about 110-115 velocity? Rolling off the velocity a bit might make it work more organic in the mix, or perhaps try the Slingerland (?) and a bit less velocity.

Guitars sound nice. Very natural sounding. Vocal treatment works well.

The bass is a bit rumbly. I'd roll off some low end.

The keyboard is a bit quiet, and to my ear it could be a bit brighter.
Seems to be a consensus that the bass rumbles too much. It's drop D, so that probably doesn't help.I think the keys and "rhythm" gtr are fighting for bandwidth.
I liked that bass. I dig a big, round bass tone. What were you playing? That recurring crash seems out of keeping with the sedate vibe of the track. Nice guitar playing and tone. Sorry, don't have much more to offer.
The bass is a piece of crap jobby I built, with a Guitar Fetish knock off of a music man humbucker.The thing has balls, if nuttin' else.I concur about the repeating crash. I should cut the number of crash hits in half...or so.
Absolutely love the guitars! Superb stuff :D Is that a leslie I hear on an acoustic, or is there a keyboard hidden a bit in the back emphasizing it there? It was slightly "sinister"-sounding, I would have enjoyed even more of that. Drags it straight away to the Doors!
The main guitar is a nylon string direct with a homemade radioshack piezo, and a freeware(mda)leslie simulator) there are also tracks of steel and nylon string licks with delay muddying up the landscape.The keys are this Rhodes sim http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mrray73_by_gsi , also with the mda leslie. I think the classical guitar and piano are fighting for air.

If I'm not mistaken, that is the EzDrummer standard kit snare? At about 110-115 velocity? Rolling off the velocity a bit might make it work more organic in the mix, or perhaps try the Slingerland (?) and a bit less velocity.
WRONG, NEWB! It's the EzDrummer standard kit snare at about 95-100 velocity!:p :D

Definitely do something with that crash. A little EQ on the bass to tame the super-low end. Keyboard up in volume just a bit. Great overall sound on this tune.
Song-wise, I'd recommend shortening the instrumental intro a bit (the part before the drums kick in).

Cool tune. I like the vibe. I like the guitar solos. How did you get that crazy sound at the end where the pitch goes super high? I thought that was a cool way to cap that section off.

raise the volume on the guitar solo! its good but too quiet. alot of it is too quiet i would suggest making it punchier. but the music is there!

Back