The ULTIMATE Entry-Level Mic Pre Poll... :op

What is the BEST Entry-Level Mic Pre????

• Art Tube MP

Votes: 82 15.3%
  • Art Tube PAC

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Presonus Blue Tube

Votes: 52 9.7%
  • Bellari MP105

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Bellari MP110

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Bellari RP503

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • dbx Mini-Pre Tube

Votes: 12 2.2%
  • M-Audio AudioBuddy

Votes: 56 10.4%
  • M-Audio DMP3

Votes: 187 34.9%
  • Behringer VX2000

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • Rolls CL151 Mic Pre/Comp.

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Joe Meek MQ3

Votes: 92 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am a Christian, but where did you get the idea that I was a teenager still living with my parents..? :p I'm not a teenager... (and haven't been for years, unfortunately.. :( ) and I live on my own. But I live in an apartment, so I keep my kit over at my bro's house cause he's got a basement to put it in, and I don't.. see... I got way too many hobbies.. which is why I have to be so anal aboot picking new gear... I have to be able to afford drum gear, guitar gear, recording gear, and new computer parts (because I'm also a computer nerd on the side. :p)

As for the kazoo.. hhmm... I don't think so. :p Hendrix may have been "ahead of his time" and all, but some of that stuff was just plain goofy.. :cool: (and the kazoo bit prolly fits that category) :D

WATYF

To be honest...I figured you were probably a teenager too....probably because of the excessive use of guady typing...like d@mn...and abooot...kind of juvenile...my girlfriend in 7th grade used to write things like that....combine that with all those emoticons and your posts start to look like an isle at a toy store dude ;) In anycase....and in all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with retaining a bit of youthful charm.

Oh btw, I would recommend saving your money....but if you absolutely can't...get an audio buddy...that's your best "bang for buck" IMO.

Last edited:
ok here is my thing!

ok then here it is...

"lets get jiggy wid it"

ebonix!

i put a karaoke version because of the horrible vocal part.

its the first thing ive done on my new recorder and i think the sound quality came out pretty good.

it started out as a different song but i changed the words so as not to infringe... i couldnt think of anything good so i went to an ebonics page and used the translator for "let's dance".

it came out "lets get jiggy wid it. ya dig?"

i also have a new webpage...

its all just me but im pretending to be a band. i played all the parts on the tune.

:p

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1668&alid=-1

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/rollingdingleberries/

Yahooo!!!! My new pre is here... I gotta pick it up today.. :cool: (man.. I hope it doesn't suck. :p )

And yes... I realize I have a "juvenile" aspect to my personality. (I prefer "youthful charm" instead.. :D) For the most part, I'm an excessively silly person... and quite frankly, I have no intention of ever taking much of anything in life seriously. :p Well... I should say,... I take seriously what needs to be taken seriously.. but there are so few things that deserve it. :p (and internet message boards do not qualify. :cool: ) I don't plan on turning into a stuffy old coot any time soon (or ever.. :p) not that I'm saying the people aroond here are old coots.. heck,.. most people here seem pretty laid back. (but that could just be the drugs. :D)

(and what's wrong with smileys?? :eek: :( :mad: :confused: ;) :p )

Oh yeah.. jeap.. I'm at work now,.. so I'll make fun of tho... I mean... I'll check those oat when I get home. :p

WATYF

Last edited:
Okay... I'm gonna' take this a bit further... After nearly nodding off a few times reading this HUUGE thread half about mic pres and half about semantics... Here it is.

I'm fucking broke. I'm looking for a mic pre under $100. Basically, to me, it's coming down between the Event EMP 1 and the Audio Buddy... both i can snag aroung $75, average, on ebay and shit... There's also a Bellari MP105, i have no clue what the reserve is, but it's at like 26 bucks and hasn't met the reserve. Let's say it's between $50 and $75. A Presonus BlueTube at $33 (sure to go up around the same price) is also floating around...

Honestly, I'm really leaning towards the Audio Buddy or the EMP 1... the Audio Buddy because of the computer interface, and the EMP 1 because it seems decent, and I like the Event gear, they're reliable. Then again, so is M-Audio. *shrugs*

Anyways.... Between the Audio Buddy, the EMP1, the MP105, and the BlueTube, which one would you pick? I'm tossing the Audio Buddy and the EMP1 back and forth just because of what it says about them and what you guys are saying about them...

I know this whole "cheap-ass mic pre" thing is dead now, but I just want to get a few opinions with a much more narrow scope. Seeing as I'm flat freaking broke, basically, that's all i can afford. no "Buy the DMP3, it's better" crap. Between the ones I can afford, what are your pics, and what are the pros and cons of each one? I'm still trying to learn all this shit, so just trying to get as much info as i can, just as WATYF was...

Any helpful info?

Gather 'round, children, and huddle close to the fire. Take firm hold of eachothers' hands, and try not to be to frightened... for it is time now to tell the story of.... (cue ominous music)

"THE THREAD THAT WOULD NOT DIE!!!!!!!"

BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tf5_bassist said:

I'm going to guess that it's more than $100?

Give that bassist a prize!

For $100 you might be able to buy the VU meter. Then you could add on one piece at a time. By the time you're my age, you might even own half the unit! :p

littledog said:

Give that bassist a prize!

For $100 you might be able to buy the VU meter. Then you could add on one piece at a time. By the time you're my age, you might even own half the unit! :p

Heheh... Is that price with or without the backlight on the VU?

Will somebody put this poor bastard out of his misery? :p

I've never heard either of those preamps, but I vote for the Event 'cause it looks sturdier.

Also, I think the Audio Buddy has some phantom power issues.

Unless you really need two channels...

Lame Thrower said:
Will somebody put this poor bastard out of his misery? :p

I've never heard either of those preamps, but I vote for the Event 'cause it looks sturdier.

Also, I think the Audio Buddy has some phantom power issues.

Unless you really need two channels...

I was thinkin' about the Event looking like a better unit anyways... But I'm still not sure. hehehe.

clay said:
I just bought the new AT-3035 condenser mic for $199 and really like it for vocals.

I bought some Bac-os and low-fat Ranch dressing yesterday, and they really tasted good on my salad.

i think the audio technica 3035 is a very smart buy.

i am considering that and the studio proj tb1. i really want the tube tho...

eventually i will have to replace the nady scm900 i use for vocals because i want to move it back to the kick drum which is what i bought it for...

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back