The Truth About Gidge!

7evin

this is found on gidge's www page:

Artist Description:

Very amateur songwriter/home recordist searching for the meaning of life...and a publishing deal....

Music Style:
its beyond words....

Influences:
Bon Jovi,Poison,Ratt,DefLeppard,Foreigner,Journey,Styx,REO Speedwagon,Kiss,JimiHendrix,AC/DC,Guns-n-Roses,Ozzy,Dokken,VanHalen,Stryper,Petra,TheCars,MotleyCrue,SkidRow,BlackCrowes,LAGuns

You sure do flap your jaw alot for being a "very amateur songwriter/home recordist"! Also, look at his influences, can anyone say BUTT-ROCKER!!!!! You make fun of me, I DO IT TO YOU TOO!!!!!

Turn about is fair play, I suppose.

Don't be too quick to take offense from good ol' Gidge, though. Regardless of how honest and humble he is about his recording skills, he knows home rec'er gear really well and is among the most consistently helpful people on the site.

Hendrix, VanHalen, Ozzy, The Cars and AC/DC are, of course, far from butt rock. Those guys have all lost more chops and originallity than most of the new bands coming out today will ever have.

And music changes pretty quick. In 20 years, kids will be making fun of the acts you put on your influences list.

And welcome aboard. :)

Chris

Hey man --- I don't think you have been here long enough to know how helpful Gidge can be.
He helped me tremendously when I was trying to get setup, and was incrediblly patient. He give sound advice -- and
DONT MESS WITH A LOUISIANA MAN!!!!!

90% of those bands are/were my favorite too, butt bands?.. I think not...

Where do these dumbass noobs come from anyway?

Go practice your "Hanson" licks....

:cool:

7evin said:

Artist Description:

Very amateur songwriter/home recordist searching for the meaning of life...and a publishing deal....

Music Style:
its beyond words....

Influences:
Bon Jovi,Poison,Ratt,DefLeppard,Foreigner,Journey,Styx,REO Speedwagon,Kiss,JimiHendrix,AC/DC,Guns-n-Roses,Ozzy,Dokken,VanHalen,Stryper,Petra,TheCars,MotleyCrue,SkidRow,BlackCrowes,LAGuns

You sure do flap your jaw alot for being a "very amateur songwriter/home recordist"! Also, look at his influences, can anyone say BUTT-ROCKER!!!!! You make fun of me, I DO IT TO YOU TOO!!!!!

Son, what you interpreted from what you read doesn`t equate in the least. After over 30 yrs of playing and being recorded on enough different eqipment to fill your town hall, I didnt know much about planning up a home studio, buying equipment that I could afford, effects, mics, how to use the humble equipment I have to it`s better advantage. People here like Gidge afforded me their time and knowledge in order that I can realize a desire I have. I`m sure in time, if you participate here, and after the aquisition of some knowlwedge, wisdom, and logic you'll reflect back where you are now and you`ll see from a different perspective. Most likely to say "damn I said some stupid stuff."
By the way, what those guys played and sold commercially that you have heard say nothing about what they know how to play, and perhaps would rather have played. Think about it.

Last edited:
7evin said:

Influences:

Gidge, I take back every bad thing I've ever said about you.

What Toki said and more. What appears on someones homepage is usually tongue in cheek and is hardly an indictment of someones ability. What is a good indicator are the comments/ suggestions that are made and had you'd read them carefully you wouldn't have launched this futile character assination against Gidge. Do we always agree with one another? Heck no! But that is hardly a reason to attack someones credibility. So lets put this episode behind us and get on with what we all hold near and dear to our hearts, MUSIC. ;)

7evin said:

Artist Description:

Music Style:
its beyond words....

Influences:

I'm not familiar with you 7, but this thread makes you come off as a little, whiney, tattle-tale of a cry-baby boy. Gosh, you really outed Gidge there! :D Thanks for the brilliant, deductive detective work. :eek: Too bad that in your Sherlock Holmes-like sleuth work you didn't uncover the well-kept secret that Gidge has been posting on this Board for over four years and we already know who he is. I gather that, judging from your few previous posts, you have the emotional maturity of someone who's been on the planet about twice that long. Is that why you call yourself 7? :D

Hey, Sherlock...I mean 7...here's a news flash for ya, we solved the Gidge case long, long ago.

But thanks for checking in.

Oh, listen...I think I hear your mommy calling.

Butt rocker? He didn't even mention Judas Priest. If you want to make fun of Gidge all you have to do is mention his home state.

7evin, We are very priveleged to have a producer of your caliber around here. It's not everyday we get a 20yr old with his own label. Oh wait, yeah we do.

Nevermind.

Back