The Tracks are all the same !!@#$

Whisperingcreek

My band has a Tascam 488, we just recently got it and have been trying to figure the thing out. When we all play we have everyone miked and all that and We assign Tracks but when we go to playback all the tracks are the same. I want to have 1 guitar on 1 track and so on and so forth. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong? Help me. Thank you.

You're playing back wrong.

When you're "just listening", use the cue levels for each track separately and I think you'll get what you're looking for. And check the wiring/setup diagrams in the manual.

Hey Mon:

I retired my 488 in favor of a Yamaha MD-8. But what Dragon said is probably your problem. When you have the 488 in record mode and you do your cut, you have to use the cue switches to listen to you take. If you cut/tape like drums and bass and keys, you must put those tracks in cue mode if you intend to add more tracks; if you don't, you will get sounds bounced all over the place and wind up in a maze. You can also get some "limited" advice from the net by ringing up Yamaha; also, check out 488 users chat groups via this "ask me" site: www.askjeeves.com

Have fun man; read the manual and keep pushing buttons and you will get the hang of the box. The MD-8 is really an advancement. One great feature is no waiting while the tape rewinds. Push the button and you're back to the beginning. Hang in there.

The Green Hornet

Back