The tolerant left - Levar Burton wants to beat up women who don't agree with him

brassplyer

When can we expect Oprah to denounce Burton's inappropriate promotion of violence toward women?

What a punk.

levar_oprah_915daa17d6ea0bd22361eb3b1e0bac39c5762275.jpg

Dana Loesch who agrees with the organization whose members Burton expressed a desire to pummel has said she'll be happy to accommodate him.

1700283776849.png

You really would think figures of speech would be easy to separate from a genuine intent! Yesterday I said somebody on tv needed a good slap. I think thousands of viewers thought the same thing but we mustn’t say stuff like this any more.

You really would think figures of speech would be easy to separate from a genuine intent! Yesterday I said somebody on tv needed a good slap. I think thousands of viewers thought the same thing but we mustn’t say stuff like this any more.
It was an ignorant, needless thing to say and I guarantee if a conservative were to publicly say it there would be epic Sturm und Drang from the same left that applauds him for saying it but that whines about "divisive rhetoric" by conservatives. Oprah would be carrying on about oppressiveness yada yada not hugging them.

Do you really think he meant it then? You know, it's not compulsory to speak in a manner thast doesnt offend? IF people constantly speak in a way that upsets you, don't listen? Sorry, but I work in a world where people do say what they think if they don't care about cancel cluture. Oddly, I really hate some of the topics in Prime Time - but I'd not want to start censoring what ordinary people think.

Oprah - lost a good amount of following in the UK went she went pally with Harry and Sparkle.

Let's try not to humanize the multi-millionaires and billionaires. They left those human bodies and logics long ago.

they are too rich. We cant be friends. No, you cant have my airline or include it in the economy.

Our tolerances and points of view allow for some enlightening discussions..I am trying to be gentle..y'all are a cool nutty bunch..

Do you really think he meant it then? You know, it's not compulsory to speak in a manner thast doesnt offend? IF people constantly speak in a way that upsets you, don't listen? Sorry, but I work in a world where people do say what they think if they don't care about cancel cluture. Oddly, I really hate some of the topics in Prime Time - but I'd not want to start censoring what ordinary people think.

Oprah - lost a good amount of following in the UK went she went pally with Harry and Sparkle.

Words are violence, apparently. They made the rules, the left. Far be it to allow them to fall into the disrepute of hypocrisy. What are friends for, we're all in this together.

When can we expect Oprah to denounce Burton's inappropriate promotion of violence toward women?

What a punk.

levar_oprah_915daa17d6ea0bd22361eb3b1e0bac39c5762275.jpg

Dana Loesch who agrees with the organization whose members Burton expressed a desire to pummel has said she'll be happy to accommodate him.

View attachment 134552

Oh I know! You have no idea how much this upsets me. It's just awful. I already have enough things that I allow myself to be upset over - and now this! I don't know how much more I can take. I just wish I could control how I react to these kinds of things. :laughings:

we're all in this together.
I walk alone. Stepping into the twilight zone.

Seem to have complete control. You got to say hey man, its just a show for when the cameras are on..
it has also evolved into a con game. so i got that going for me hahah

Last edited:
Oh I know! You have no idea how much this upsets me. It's just awful. I already have enough things that I allow myself to be upset over - and now this! I don't know how much more I can take. I just wish I could control how I react to these kinds of things. :laughings:
Drink heavily, Valium, maybe an Epsom salts bath for your road weary feet, maybe some edibles?
These are all things that may help.
:D

Do you really think he meant it then?
I think his sneering contempt and hostility is absolutely real but he would have pissed himself if there were a Dana Loesch in the audience who expressed a willingness to take him up on it and would have counted on a phalanx of security to stand between him and her, made some insincere, sniveling passive-aggressive attempt to laugh it off, claimed that he was "just kidding" and tried to characterize them negatively in any commentary afterward - "see that's what they're like". I doubt he believed there would be anyone from that group in the audience - I don't get the sense there are a lot of conservatives among the Oprah fan-base and the audience might have been screened - he figured he was safe to express his hostility without any pushback from the audience at hand.

As far as Oprah and the UK, the reason she does anything is with an eye on how much revenue it'll generate. I imagine she figured she'd gain more that she'd lose by interviewing them.

You know, it's not compulsory to speak in a manner thast doesnt offend? IF people constantly speak in a way that upsets you, don't listen? Sorry, but I work in a world where people do say what they think if they don't care about cancel cluture. Oddly, I really hate some of the topics in Prime Time - but I'd not want to start censoring what ordinary people think.

Sure he can for the most part within the boundaries of the law say what he wants - "defend to the death your right to say it" and all - it doesn't change that it's a punk thing to say, and doesn't change how hypocritical the left often is.

To clarify - what he and his ilk are so incensed about are parents who believe certain material isn't appropriate to be disseminated in school - how often any of the books on their list are actually read by kids who checked it out of the school library I have no idea. Those who object to this are on shaky ground. This isn't Nazi book burning - if you want your kid to have salacious material available to them you're free to make it available to them at home.

Some of these people might think that prayer should be an official school function, I'd tell them they're wrong.

I didn't hear it because I was watching the program, I heard about it on Dana Loesch's podcast.

Last edited:
Who is this Dana woman? She's not had a humpour removal, she's got a defective personality?

I've spent some time (and feel so much older) watching all the stuff on the Levar Burton issue, and he's got views, and so have the moms for liberty groups. The majority of material I can read has me supporting both sides - kids should be able to read better, and books are great. Parents don't agree with some of the content. That I also support. I want my grandchildren taught a balanced view- - the good and the bad.

In UK history, where they are looking at WW2, it's goodies vs baddies. The UK followed by the US against Hitler. Trouble is they gloss over the Japanese and Russian elements. They also have removed swastikas from everywhere. Black uniforms, red armbands and black crosses. The Swastika has been erased, despite most of the kids having heard of it. I was in a class where the teaching assistant was Russian - and she was incensed that her grandparents fight against Hitler was totally missing, including the information anout how many Russians died.

Surely schools, colleges and universities should offer properly balanced content and let the readers decide. What seems to happen is not just censoring, but active promotion of certain views. I'd even say that in some parts of all of our countries, some features would be pushed more than others, but somebody has decided young people do not have top make their own minds up, just only read one viewpoint and keep others sidelined.

We still have faith schools in the UK - both Protestant and Catholic and some other religion faith schools too when local need dictates, and it's usually the case that the education across the board is better. We even have people pretending to be religious here to get their kids into these schools.

The book stock is chosen to simply be appropriate, but parents of all kinds of schools are solid in their belief that they should have a hand in selecting approrpiate books and at least questioning ones with less acceptable content.

Who is this Dana woman? She's not had a humpour removal, she's got a defective personality?

I've spent some time (and feel so much older) watching all the stuff on the Levar Burton issue, and he's got views, and so have the moms for liberty groups. The majority of material I can read has me supporting both sides - kids should be able to read better, and books are great. Parents don't agree with some of the content. That I also support. I want my grandchildren taught a balanced view- - the good and the bad.

In UK history, where they are looking at WW2, it's goodies vs baddies. The UK followed by the US against Hitler. Trouble is they gloss over the Japanese and Russian elements. They also have removed swastikas from everywhere. Black uniforms, red armbands and black crosses. The Swastika has been erased, despite most of the kids having heard of it. I was in a class where the teaching assistant was Russian - and she was incensed that her grandparents fight against Hitler was totally missing, including the information anout how many Russians died.

Surely schools, colleges and universities should offer properly balanced content and let the readers decide. What seems to happen is not just censoring, but active promotion of certain views. I'd even say that in some parts of all of our countries, some features would be pushed more than others, but somebody has decided young people do not have top make their own minds up, just only read one viewpoint and keep others sidelined.

We still have faith schools in the UK - both Protestant and Catholic and some other religion faith schools too when local need dictates, and it's usually the case that the education across the board is better. We even have people pretending to be religious here to get their kids into these schools.

The book stock is chosen to simply be appropriate, but parents of all kinds of schools are solid in their belief that they should have a hand in selecting approrpiate books and at least questioning ones with less acceptable content.
If you're in the UK Dana might not be familiar to you. She's a well-known conservative commentator in the US - I assure you she has a sharp sense of humor. As with other commentators I semi-regularly listen to I don't always agree with her - when she starts going on about her relationship with God my eyes glaze over but otherwise I largely concur with her. As with other commentators I find out about many topics when she discusses it - this was one of them. I concur with her that it was worthy of derision and is typical of the leftist mindset and hypocrisy.

If you don't know who Dana is it occurs to me you might not be tuned in to some of the controversy surrounding this particular topic in the US. Part of the controversy is that there's been something of a push for gay propaganda - which encompasses things like "Drag Queen story hour" in some places, labeling young kids as "transgender" and bringing so-called "LGBTQ" propaganda into the schools which doesn't sit well with many.

The content the group Burton refers to takes issue with is largely sexual.

Welcome to THE ECHO CHAMBER @rob aylestone ! We ONLY listen to "commentators" that share our own Biased Views here... They make us ANGRY! ANGRY, I tell you! So ANGRY that we come to a Music Recording Forum to POST about how ANGRY we are over a couple of Black People on YouTube that some Verified Blue Checkmark Republican posted about on Twatter! So ANGRY!

Whoa. Black people voices aren't important, of relevance? I don't know, it sounds like a diminishment of black voices. Lil bit. You gonna make leddy mad again.

Sit and spin @Mick Doobie sit and spin. You know full well that your Brass Licking Lover wanted nothing but some Black People to continue his hate spew. Even if he'd prefer his propaganda to show a world where gay people don't exist! Shock horror!

Back