The Tascam Forum is Down

MarkoPolo

Many of you probably know this but the Tascam user forum is down it says: As part of ongoing web site updates and server maintenance, the popular TASCAM online forums will be down for a time. Please come back later... there are some good things in store for www.tascam.com. It seems to sound like its temporary but who knows.??

I'm just playing...that place was ok but everytime someone would ask a simple question like "what's IPS stand for?" some little snippy jerk pops his lame little head up to say something like "If you don't know the answer to that I don't think you should be recording on tape" or something lame like that. I guess it only takes one drippy little pinhead to ruin a whole site....

I should know!:D

I acually got a bit of help there before.

i agree with Jake-owa.

i did my best to not post on tascam because the flame rate was quite high and i get yelled at enough by my wife, i don't wanna get yelled at by some dude.

jake-owa said:

I actually got a bit of help there before.

Yeah! From me! I remember answering a few of your threads when you were there.

I think the pin head you were referring to was Derek Verner. He always wanted to play the role of head pain in the ass. But, I actually enjoy many of his posts now due to the fact that many people there started dumping on him and he actually smartened up a bit.

Anyway, the last time around, the repairs took about two weeks so, I suspect once they come back up, you won't be bothered by the cries for civility and manors that the TASCAM board had a reputation for.

I suspect that many from there, came here to look for friends and keep the lines of communication open, only to find a bbs that seems to have more then its fair share of jack ass losers and burned out has-beens wanting fame and obedience from its subjects.

Don't get me wrong. I like HR.com. There are many good members here including you, Jake. And those are the people I seek out on any bbs.

Peace. :cool:

Right, Derek, that was the pinhead.

He'd reply to every question to insult the intelligence of any poster and chase them off. He'd reply like ten times with his myopic answer and never shut the hell up!

The rest of those guys are alright though.

Anyone ever try the www.recordingwebsite.com/forum/ ?

Talk about lame, they change the word pissed to tinkled!:mad:
Kinda fun to poke at them though, they're so fragile.

The Tascam 788 forum is normally very civil, but every now and then the site is attacked by some fool who comes for the sole purpose of disrupting a good thing. Often times those attacks are rather entertaining at first, then they spin out of control. Anyone checking out the site during those times will come to a distorted conclusion.

:eek: Derek Verner always accoused me of having slave girls chained up in my basement........

Don't have a basement......

I have to agree with our Canadian friend.........

da MUTT

Jabba da Mutt misquotes me. I merely said he had slave girls chained to his throne. If you doubt this, check with George Lucas.

Good Morning, Mr. Verner.

I am glad to see you finally made your way over to HR.com.!

What took you so long?

I think you will find this place ripe with horrible grammar and oozing with spelling mistakes so, you should have your hands full right from the get go!

Cheers! :)

thefontmeister

jake-owa said:
I'm just playing...that place was ok but everytime someone would ask a simple question like "what's IPS stand for?" some little snippy jerk pops his lame little head up to say something like "If you don't know the answer to that I don't think you should be recording on tape" or something lame like that. I guess it only takes one drippy little pinhead to ruin a whole site....

I should know!:D

I acually got a bit of help there before.

In all fairness, that someone who asked what "15ips" and "30ips"stood for, was someone who had a 16 channel pro level console and had owned it for years.

P.S. "Pinhead" is not politically correct. We use "microcephalic" in polite society.

The Ghost of FM said:
Good Morning, Mr. Verner.

I am glad to see you finally made your way over to HR.com.!

What took you so long?

I think you will find this place ripe with horrible grammar and oozing with spelling mistakes so, you should have your hands full right from the get go!

Cheers! :)

thefontmeister

I am sure you meant "rife" and not "ripe" and that it was just a typo.

Let me make my position clear:

Without the benefit of our good looks, flashing smiles. tight buns and like that, all we can judge each other on is wit. knowledge, and ability to master the English language. In many years of visiting bbs. I have found that those who have mastered the basics of their native language tend to have mastered other fields in which they are interested.

Merely as a follow-up, I would like to know why LTU and the Font come here with different sceeenames. Surely the reputation you have earned elsewhere should be afforded you here.

Derek Verner said:
Merely as a follow-up, I would like to know why LTU and the Font come here with different sceeenames. Surely the reputation you have earned elsewhere should be afforded you here.

Derek,

Wonderful to see you too!

I suppose that having different screen names is at least a testament to some degree of creativity.

Thinking about it in hindsight, I should have assumed your name and forced you to think up something on your own but, it's too late for that now.

Damn!:p

Welcome aboard, lil' buddy.

jake-owa said:
Right, Derek, that was the pinhead.

He'd reply to every question to insult the intelligence of any poster and chase them off. He'd reply like ten times with his myopic answer and never shut the hell up!

Lesson !:

Don't mess with the junk yard dog.

Lesson 2:

Never pull on Superman's cape.

Back