The Spectacle Of Life

That bass is wow-sers. Sort of a Bare Naked Ladies/Devo? vibe... I think the drums/snare change during the solo? I would bring the snare up a touch - try and match the vocal/lead level - just a preference. Nice vibrato on the guitar.... Definitely an original - kind of rap but with more rock edge.

Thanks; I really didn't want to sound rappy, more like a carny barker. I'm going to redux them anyway.

I like to play bass. :cool: Thanks.

The drums are a canned beat; I can't raise individual drum levels. Maybe I'll try to EQ it out a bit more. Damn robots.

The 'rappy section' is supposed to sound more islandy, I think the fuzzy guitar has to come out, and more of the guitar hits on the upbeat come up.

Thanks for listening. :cool:

Very Cool, I love the bass, the overall mix is maybe a little thin. Also its a hair light in the subs(bass) I think you could just change the master or final mix by adding 2-3db of 75hz . Really enjoyed the music!

Yeah, I recorded the bass guitar without a lot of bottom because of the chords in the riffs. I'll give 75hz a shot. BTW, direct references like '75hz' mean more to this recording newb than 'add some bottom in the mix'. I'm learning more about mixing, EQ, and mastering each time I do it, and let others hear it. Bitchin' good fun! :)

Thanks. :cool:

I like the bass sound, and the performance is good, but it seems like I can hear the room it's being recorded in way, way too much. Not quite sure why it sounds like that. Did you record the amp? If so, try close-miking it, or doing it direct-in. Your room seems to be coming through too much. Guitars need to come way up. Gotta do something with the drums, too, man. The beat isn't bad, but they're in their own space - and don't meld with the song at all. Vocal recording doesn't sound too bad, and I enjoy your vocal performance quite a bit. Nice groovin' song. If I had time, I'd love to try putting some acoustic drums down to this one. Pretty fun / rockin' / groovin' song, man.

I think it's the drums that are killing this for me. Drums are making it sound brittle to me. Digging the bass, a lot. Cut back the verb on the vox in my opinion.....really digging the vibe of the song.

I also noticed some white noise on the guits maybe low pass em and cut that extreme top end off.

I like the bass sound, and the performance is good, but it seems like I can hear the room it's being recorded in way, way too much. Not quite sure why it sounds like that. Did you record the amp? If so, try close-miking it, or doing it direct-in. Your room seems to be coming through too much.

Hmmm, all strings DI on this. I rarely mic, save the vox. Not sure I hear what you mean, but I'll listen with yer suggestions in my ears.

I like the bass sound...
Digging the bass, a lot.

Bass I nitpick about. That sound is an light overdrive patch I programmed, on of all devices, my lil Zoom PS-02, run thru the line out feature of a 30w Crate guitar amp. 11 secret herbs & spices and whatnot. Thanks. :)

Gotta do something with the drums, too, man. The beat isn't bad, but they're in their own space - and don't meld with the song at all.
I think it's the drums that are killing this for me. Drums are making it sound brittle to me.

True dat. The drums blow; the sound, the style, etc. Not at all fitting the song. Will be replacing once my D6 kit gets here, and I get my chops back up. Just found out today the kits on BACKORDER. :( Thanks, zZounds.com!

If I had time, I'd love to try putting some acoustic drums down to this one.

Anytime you want a copy without drums, lemme know. I would dig something like that, just to hear yer ideas. :cool:

I also noticed some white noise on the guits maybe low pass em and cut that extreme top end off.

Going to redux the guitar, and I will keep an ear out for WN. Not really any EQ on them now.
Mostly what I hear is that my playing was robotic. :P No style. I believe I can emote and play with more feel.

Thanks dudes. Awesome stuff. :cool:

Back