"The Show"--Need fresh ears and some help with this

Cool tune. I like the lyrics.

The only thing I noted is the vocal is very dry and close and sounds like a S M 5 8. Nothing wrong there, just an observation.

Sounds done to me.

Cool tune. I like the lyrics.

The only thing I noted is the vocal is very dry and close and sounds like a S M 5 8. Nothing wrong there, just an observation.

Sounds done to me.

Thanks and you're right it is an SM58 ha, nice observation. I wasn't sure how much reverb to add because I don't want to muddy things up too much, but I guess it could use a little.

I think the recording is nice. Got an early Beulah/Miles Kurosky sound. (If anyone knows who that is) A little reverb on the vocals wouldn't hurt at all.

My only gripe is there is no dynamics in the song, no hook, no lift. It just mills along until the end. Not always a bad thing, some songs work like that. A key change or a different progression or something added in would help the song, on a whole, I think. But that's just my personal taste. Please don't read it as a form of insult.

EDIT* I could hear some harmonies in my head on the 3rd listen through. Maybe you could add some. Just a suggestion.

Hello,

Overal liked the song and it has great quality. I will echo earlier comments about a catchy chorus or hook I kept expecting. Still, great quality on the recording! Keep up the good work, David

Sonically I liked it but like others I kept waiting for a big hook to happen? Not trying to be a dick but it just got boring. I wanted something dramatic to happen.

Also at the end there was a weird drum lick that was off, or at least caught my attention in a bad way.

Again not trying to be mean or anything, just my two cents.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Much appreciated. I'm going to add some reverb to the vox for sure . And yeah there's going to be background harmonies..haven't recorded them yet.

Also, I was also worried about the hook/dynamics. I was thinking of maybe bringing in different instruments to build the song maybe that'll help? Like start with the acoustic and bring the electrics in half way? Or maybe in that mellow verse I could drop everything out except acoustic and vocals ? Any ideas how to make it more interesting without having to rewrite it? Thanks!

Back