The Records Thread

I still have all my Jam and Who albums but the only stuff I still buy is rare soul 45's from around '67-'69

I have all The Who and Jam albums myself. Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Doors, Clash, Pistols. An endless list really.

I gave up collecting singles a while back. I have 1000's of them and nowhere to put them. They're currently in my brother's spare room. I still buy the odd one every now and then but not like I did. You'd love my Northern Soul collection.

I have all The Who and Jam albums myself. Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Doors, Clash, Pistols. An endless list really.

I gave up collecting singles a while back. I have 1000's of them and nowhere to put them. They're currently in my brother's spare room. I still buy the odd one every now and then but not like I did. You'd love my Northern Soul collection.

then send me it lol

Ive had huge quantities of vinyl over the years but its long gone, theres just a few I refuse to part with, the aforementioned and some other specific albums and some early techno 12"s. I gave my CD collection away when I left the UK too...just ripped it all to MP3 but my singles I keep...I have two one hour sets with zero fillers, might try and get a spot at an NYC soul club, if I can be arsed with the drive.

Maybe when I stop moving Ill try to replace all my old stuff again...I love the feel and smell of vinyl, its authenticity, but much of my favourite stuff is so badly produced that having an audiophile system would be a waste

If only you were in Derby, Connecticut...

I'm buying mainly to sell these days. I have a few quid stash away for buying bulk collections, etc. I've slowly been making a decent living from it. The Vinyl Revival has been a good thing to get into.

I inherited my uncles collection years ago and it is just a mammoth thing. (It's like he bought every album by everyone, ever, from 1955 to the late 80's) I didn't have space for it all in my old house. (Too much for a reasonable sized spare room.) I've been slowly working my way through that, sorting out what I want to keep and selling off bits as I go along. Then putting that money back into buying bundles. I then have my own collection as well. Our house is full of vinyl! Drives the wife mental.

The goal is to have a shop some day in the near future.

I'm buying mainly to sell these days. I have a few quid stash away for buying bulk collections, etc. I've slowly been making a decent living from it. The Vinyl Revival has been a good thing to get into.

I inherited my uncles collection years ago and it is just a mammoth thing. (It's like he bought every album by everyone, ever, from 1955 to the late 80's) I didn't have space for it all in my old house. (Too much for a reasonable sized spare room.) I've been slowly working my way through that, sorting out what I want to keep and selling off bits as I go along. Then putting that money back into buying bundles. I then have my own collection as well. Our house is full of vinyl! Drives the wife mental.

The goal is to have a shop some day in the near future.

Do you have an ebay store?

Do you have an ebay store?

No mate. I don't do eBay unless I really have to. I have a deal with a couple of record shops where I take the stuff I don't want. They sell it for me and I get 75% of the sale of the good stuff and 50% of the general shit.

I add these to my collection yesterday. Completed my Police and Skynyrd Discographies :thumbs up:

Heinz is a guilty pleasure. That's signed as well. Bonus.

a.jpg

My kind of thread. I'll start with this one:

IMG_3627.jpg
Mayhem's Pure Fucking Armageddon, hand cut on a lathe from Deathlike Silence Productions #71 of 333 copies. Sounds like crap (not too into black metal, my self), but kind of cool extreme metal music memorabilia. I've got a test pressing acetate of an Opeth record too, if I can find it around here somewhere. I've got a decent Zappa/Beefheart collection too.

Back