"The Producer"- an Internet Reality Show

Cal D

This is a very interesting project that you might want to avail yourself to. PM me if you have questions.

The Internet Reality Show- The Producer

The stage has been set for a ground breaking experiment in the world of music recording and production.

The music industry is in a volatile state. Peer to peer file sharing, the new affordability of digital recording tools and the explosiveness of independent artists have all converged to cause a major shake up in the way the music industry has historically approached and benefited from its market.

In the midst of this revolutionary era, comes the new Internet Reality Show- The Producer. A show that queries and tests the traditional approach to music recording and production against the new bleeding edge world of online music recording and production.

Is there room for the merger of these two worlds or is one bound for extinction? This Internet Reality Show approaches this question head on and is intent on emerging with the answer. Will it be a hybrid model? Will the ways of old be deemed redundant? Is internet online collaboration all it’s been made out to be? Are we on a collision course? These questions and more, will be answered.

But where is the reality part of this?

Meet The Producer- Rick Iantosca; Grammy Winner, accomplished music producer who has worked with the likes of Hall and Oates, Jimmy Cliff, Kool and the Gang and others. A man who is prepared to step into the new and is intent in preserving the best practices of the old.

Meet Cal DiFalco, the founder of the show. The person who has issued the initial challenge. The person who has surrendered a song that he wrote entitled Hang On (One More Day) as the focus of this project.

Meet Scott Mendelsohn, the owner of Collaboration Central site and the engineer assigned to this project. The man who said “let’s get on with it. Let’s answer these questions!”

The Premise:

The Producer (Rick Iantosca) has been tasked to take Hang On (One More Day) and make it “ hit “ material. Rick will rely on the skills he has learned from his professional experience in the music industry, but he will venture into the new world of online collaboration. A world in which his approach may succeed or may fail.

The Producer has made some rather brave representations. Amongst them “I will not accept (for your sake): “good enough”. There is no such phrase as “good enough”. It’s either “great”, or “not”.

But it won’t be an easy ride for The Producer. He will tested each step of the way. There will be points of resistance, points of confusion and parts of the road ahead that are obscured. Already there have been signs that approaches will be questioned and acid tested.

Recently, Cal wrote “I didn't envision this to be something that is orchestrated behind the scenes. It needs to be done publicly. Nothing wrong with Yahoo Messenger chats, but they should not serve as a substitute for progress reporting, prodding of efforts, or evaluation of efforts, etc. Let's not create a secret society. It defeats the purpose of learning together.”

Conflict, collaboration, friendships, talent, commitment, perseverance and perhaps even a dash of treachery along the way; the drama is undeniable.

Will The Producer succeed? Will his team emerge with the new model for music recording and production?

Step inside…….come meet the players….come join the discussions……come see THE PRODUCER!

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=27

Jeez, we're even getting 'reality TV' on Internet discussion groups now, is there no sanctuary from this stuff!

Reality TV

I can appreciate the comment. I'm sick of the influx of reality TV as well. This project however, really is in the guise of reality TV. Underneath it though, is truly an interesting experiment. I hope its veneer doesn't dissuade people from joining in.

Take care

Reality TV

I can appreciate the comment. I'm sick of the influx of reality TV as well. This project however, really is in the guise of reality TV. Underneath it though, is truly an interesting experiment. I hope its veneer doesn't dissuade people from joining in.

Take care

Back