The New Tone Thread

:D

Meh, you're an amateur. This is my set up:

Attachments

• 13221333_283842271953691_7833036696475238266_o.jpg
    13221333_283842271953691_7833036696475238266_o.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 13
ejcpedals03.jpg

The RE 20 is pretty good .... sounds like a Space Echo right down to the crappy reverb!

No, no .... it's not a Fab Flange .... it's a Fab overdrive and it's pretty decent ... the winner of that series is the Fac Chorus which is quite good.

Trying to catch up here guys, been out of the loop for a few days, so if I've missed anyone's clip, I apologize...Lemme know if I have, & I'll give it a listen...

Bill: Like everyone else, I really like the lead tones, but the rhythm guitars seem a little muddy to me. They're not terrible, but they're nowhere near as good as the lead sounds....

Rami: These guitars seem a little more dirty than the version I heard before. Nothing wrong with either of 'em, I think I actually like these guitars a little better than the last version I heard. And as usual, your timing is great dude, I'm sure this will be another kick-ass Rami tune when you get it finished up...

Bob: Wow Bob, you've got a great singing voice man. I was always sure you could sing, but damn man. I have to say, this is the best thing I've heard from you since I've been here. Very, very impressive to say the least. Great job man, I'm just in awe of your vocals dude, everything is great, but again, your vocals are just superb!!!!!

Jimi: I think I've heard this before, not sure. Doesn't matter, sounds really good & close to the original as far as I can remember...Very impressed with your tones, & you've captured the overall sound/vibe of the original...Great job all 'round man!!!

I had an Arion flanger like that awhile ago.

I always wanted a Paradox TZF but they're like $1000 if you can even find one.

I had an Arion stereo flanger in the mid 90s. I thought it was really good - a bit fishtanky if you overdid it but usually pretty if you didn't go mental with the depth or speed.

EDIT: This one... and I've just found it for 35 quid!
https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/i...75,w_620/v1458296825/oqvuyona9tk0qo12vwkh.jpg

Don't think I really need it though - I have a shit flanger, a decent Boss Chorus and a ToneCity Phase 90 clone which I've been pretty impressed with. Don't think I need any more modulation.

If I replace anything I'm most likely to replace my delay - its a Mooer Echolizer and its a got a bit of a metallic tone to it - think the ToneCity Tape Machine might be a slightly better cheap delay. In fact, I don't like my Mooer Trelicopter much either and I barely ever use it. That might be getting binned off soon.

If I replace anything I'm most likely to replace my delay - its a Mooer Echolizer and its a got a bit of a metallic tone to it - think the ToneCity Tape Machine might be a slightly better cheap delay. In fact, I don't like my Mooer Trelicopter much either and I barely ever use it. That might be getting binned off soon.

I'm not much of a delay guy. I always seem to use too much or not enough. I never dial in a nice delay setting. But when I do decide to use it I really like my TC Flashback Delay. It does all sorts of shit, it can be buffered or true bypass, and it has some cool features and sounds in it. In the right hands (not mine) they're pretty amazing.

I'm not much of a delay guy. I always seem to use too much or not enough. I never dial in a nice delay setting. But when I do decide to use it I really like my TC Flashback Delay. It does all sorts of shit, it can be buffered or true bypass, and it has some cool features and sounds in it. In the right hands (not mine) they're pretty amazing.

At the moment I really only use my delay for spacey weird all over shop feedbacking effects which its fine for. I don't dial in a nice tone with it and don't use it on solos as a lot of people seem to as it just sounds like I'm sitting in a meat locker.

At the moment I really only use my delay for spacey weird all over shop feedbacking effects which its fine for. I don't dial in a nice tone with it and don't use it on solos as a lot of people seem to as it just sounds like I'm sitting in a meat locker.

That's why I don't use mine. Delay to me is a very dated wanky effect....unless you're using it for absolute weirdness which is cool.

Back