The New Tone Thread

I think I'd maybe rather listen to Van Halen than Sabbath. Maybe. That's a choice I hope I never have to make.
Really? Don't you like Sabbath? Slow, heavy, down tuned riffage. SG into a cranked Orange 100.

Wow, I can't believe some of you guys have never listened to Sabbath...I do understand about the VH thing though, sure he's probably the most talked about guitarist ever, but he's also probably the most hated guitarist ever too...

Myself, I listened to all kinds of shit when I was a teenager. Basically anything that was guitar oriented, I'd at least try to listen to it. Now, the newer stuff (like JDOD mentioned), I just can't get into it, I guess I stopped giving new stuff a chance about 2000 or so, for the life of me, I just couldn't get into it. Now there are some stuff that's came out since that I like, but I'm still lost in the 80's - late 90's stuff, & always will be...

Something I can't stand is the "cookie-monster" vocal thing. To me, it's complete stupidity, & I refuse to listen to any of that, ever....

Wow, I can't believe some of you guys have never listened to Sabbath.
Don't get me wrong - I've heard plenty of Sabbath. Hardly possible to avoid it, hanging around in rock pubs and watching bands all my life. But put an album on? Not in a million years. :D

Don't get me wrong - I've heard plenty of Sabbath. Hardly possible to avoid it, hanging around in rock pubs and watching bands all my life. But put an album on? Not in a million years. :D
It's cool man, but I have to say, Sabbath was a regular for me as a teenager. Especially when me & all my buddies would do acid...:laughings:.

:D I've just got off the phone from my amp guy. I'm all set to try and buy tomorrow. Greg, the Serial no. is M-2007-42 -XXXX, so it's an early one but outside the danger zone, at least for heater fuses.

:D I've just got off the phone from my amp guy. I'm all set to try and buy tomorrow. Greg, the Serial no. is M-2007-42 -XXXX, so it's an early one but outside the danger zone, at least for heater fuses.

Cool Bubba, now, just so you know, you're gonna have to post a bunch of pics & clips, right????:D

Yeah same here. I've heard Sabbath tons of times. Enough to know that I don't want to listen to it on purpose.

Wow, that's cut it real close! But if that service bulletin is correct, you should be okay. Give it a spin and see how it goes. Make damn sure you get the footswitch. It should have 6 buttons. Don't accept anything else.

Back