The New Tone Thread

If you're paying to reamp through a Kemper, or any modeler, then you probably need to be killed. Seriously, what the fucking fuck.
:laughings:

Anyway, I've offered some reamping to people if they want it. If you want Marshall sound, I'm your guy. I only do Marshall though. I'll do a track or two for anyone. If you want more, you gotta pay up.
I'd do that for any of my buddies, but like you said, a track or two. There are lots of guys in other forums who charge $$$ for this, & there are lots of guys who pay to have it done...

Absolutely. There is nothing better than a note or chord sustaining into glorious all natural blooming feedback.
Yessssss!!!!! That's why I always "re-amp as I go", I'm recording the di & the amp'd track at the same time, but I'm sitting right in front of my amp...For me, this is the best way to go, if there's something I don't like about the tone, & the di/performance is there, all I gotta do is re-amp...

There was a punkish band from England in the 90's called Broccoli and they had this one song that was just a gnarly almost symphonic arrangement of feedbacks. I'll have to dig through my hard drives and see if i still have it. It was pretty impressive. It impressed me anyways.

Isn't there a Lou Reed album of nothing but guitar noise? I think he just leaned a guitar against a cranked amp, pressed record, and walked away for 30 minutes. Something like that. :laughings:

It was kind of cool to have on very low in the background today while i was reviewing training material. Not sure i'd sit and listen to it again any time soon.

I know this is odd but I rather like MMMusic - NOT the MUttalicuck version though.

I like the idea of it, I like what it is probably supposed to represent, but I'm not gonna sit and listen to feedback unless I'm making it myself.

Lou Reed is one of those proto legends that I respect for what he did and how he did it, but I'm not a huge fan of his stuff.

Lou's solo stuff went west when his voice gave out - about 85 or so.The Bells was probably the last that had any singing on it & Berlin the last that had good singing other than RnR Animal/Lou Reed Live. I have to admire a fellow who follows world wide hits with feedback - well Berlin THEN feedback.

I never got into Lou Reed myself guys, really not at all.....

These arrived this morning:

Gonna pop these babies in the Chupacabra & give 'em a test run...I'm gonna record clips with the JJ tubes, then with these, so I'll be back in a little while with some clips...

cool ..... that'll be nice to hear.

Not a SINGLE change of any kind .... no EQ tweaks .... nothing!
I wanna hear what difference there is if any.

Right on guys, I'm taking the amp out of the headshell right now, I don't have to do this to swap tubes/bias, but the puzzy trimmer is on the inside, & I'm eventually gonna swap the trim knob for a pot on the back, so I'm gonna look at what kinda job I'm in for with that today too...It really won't be a problem swapping the pot/soldering, but I'll either have to sacrifice a speaker jack or drill a hole for the new pot...

I was gonna re-amp the clips anyway because it would be the exact same thing this way....

Be back in a little while...

I like the idea of it, I like what it is probably supposed to represent, but I'm not gonna sit and listen to feedback unless I'm making it myself.

Lou Reed is one of those proto legends that I respect for what he did and how he did it, but I'm not a huge fan of his stuff.
Transformer was good. So was TVUAN.

I'm currently stuck in awful traffic cos there is a One Direction concert on Cardiff. Aaaaggghhh. For fucks sake!

Back