The New Gear

Sennheiser

Or rather, the newER gear showed up yesterday and a few days ago for the desk.

I'm very impressed with the DA-88. Sound quality blew me away after recording some test tracks. The mixer is much nicer than the Mackie 8-buss of this era, and ten times better than the almost new 8-buss I sold to buy this rig.

The DA-88 is a version 3.01 without the Sys card. Don't think I'll be needing it. I am already looking for another machine to synch to this one for a 16 track setup.

M-2524.jpg

DA881.jpg

THis DA-88 has never been racked and there's not a scratch on it anywhere. It literally looks like it just came out of the box. 210 drum hours. Fan mod and new battery too. Nice machine for under $100. :D

Very nice! I've got a used DA88, but it's in poor shape and I think I'm going to get rid of it. I bought it for cheap last year and it ate the first tape I put into it, so I know it needs a service/alignment. I think it has 400+ hours on the drum too. Never got to see what it was about.

I've got the M2516 (seeing as you have the M2524) and have loved it. Served me well and very flexible!

I think I was lucky to find one in this condition.

I picked up the RC-898 auto-locator on e-Bay last night for another $99 bucks with the cable. Now I have to find or make a sync cable and terminator plug for the next DA-88.

For playing tape that I don't have on CD. I used to do two-track mixdowns on it but I haven't used it for that lately.

I have a similar unit that I bought with the intention of using for mixdown. I could just as well do that with my sound card or an MR-8 though.

Back