• Pignose - The old but reliable 7-100

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Fender Mini Tone-Master Guitar Amplifier

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other: Name your poison.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Pignose G40V

Lightweight, all tube, all it needs is a new speaker and a 12AT7 driving the tone stack, and you've got the killer little amp. Set it inside a Marshall 4X12 cab if you're insecure about your manhood, and wail away!

I bought an Alesis Wildfire 60 watt amp (yeah...gag!!)... but it is actually really, really nice. Solidstate and all the effects junk built in. I like it because the overdrive can be controlled by a footpedal. So..I can go from a chimy clean sounding chord, and have it morph/sustain into a nice overdriven feedback note...all with one strum. Plus it can be the left channel of a stereo rig when you hook up another amp...which I do of course... (using the crappy little Valvestate Marshall stuff set on "clean"). Also with the METAL footswitch/expression pedal you get, you can switch to the sound you programmed in previously by scrolling up or down. I've got a half dozen presets, and NO stomp boxes, save the TU-2 tuner I like (because it mutes and I can tune while others play). To continue to rant, you can do 3 seperate effects at once, noise gate, compression, overdrive type...all at once, plus some other stuff. AND>>> only $200 brand new!

But you know, (solidstate and crappy amps aside) I think my sound is pretty killer in a live setup, and comes pretty close to sounding like a decent stack, and keeps up with the drummer without a hiccup. I would replace it in an instant if it ever goes down. Infact, thinking about buying another one just as a backup, because I am sure they will be discontinued in the near future, as I don't see Alesis having a promising future in guitar rigs.

I have a little 12 watt solid state Marshall that I use sometimes for stuff... sounds good for recording.... better than my Big Stuff sometimes.... :eek:

i have a little piece of junk 2 watt amp by some korean company called Axtech. the speaker is a piece of shit, it can't give me any clean tones, and the overdrive just makes it some like shit....... so what I do if I lay speaker down onto a rug or something and blast that little punk. surprisingly, I can get a decent heavy metal tone out of it. you might want to try that.... just get a good little amp, then put a blanket over it or just lay it face-down on carpet or rug or blanket or whatever.

I have the MS-4 and I'm not really sure what I'd use it for. The headphone jack isn't even loud enough to attach to my amp so I can't use it as a cheap distortion pedal. I suppose it's only use would be as a really really cheap first amp or as a tiny backstage amp. The tone is alright, I suppose, especially from speakers such as those. Anyone know if I can find better speakers to replace them with? Just as a small project.

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of tone and apparent large amp impression a small amp can create when recording.

I have a Fender Champ II from the early 80's that I inherited from my brother in law. I just had it worked on and new tubes put in. That little thing will take your head OFF. Great little blues tone without buying a Blues Jr.

Works as a live amp too.

I mic it with a 57 up close and the MK319 about 5 feet back and blend. Sometimes I'll put my Shure Model 300 ribbon up, but that mic is real unpredictable.

4 knobs; Volume, Bass, Treble (pull for mid boost), Master.

Cool.

Back