The keys on my m-audio keystaion pro88 don't feel right.

Roel88

Hello All,

The keys on my keyboard seem to have a threshold on them, e.g. when you press one it feels quite heavy but it goes lighter as you press it down. It is suppossed to go with equal force all the way down.
All the key's have the same problem.

I'll provide some background information:

I bought it second hand, and it felt this way when i tested it. I was told it always felt that way (but she wasn't an expert or anything). At the time i thought nothing of it, but it has become really annoying really fast. Also cant believe it is supposed to feel this way.

I opened it up and i saw the rubbers on the hammers are trapezoids, and i figure the feeling arrizes when the key slides over the angled edge. They don't seem worn, and if the were it weird they are all worn to the same extend.

So before i start filing the rubbers; has anyone here encountered this problem, and maybe fixed it?

I can provide more info or pictures if needed.

Thanks for reading!

Yeah, my keyboard sort of does this, but I just decided to deal with it. I guess it's never really bothered me very much.
I think that's the danger of buying secondhand, you never know what you're going to get.

Back