The jordokid show

jordokid

gnubie
Well, I've been fired a time or two for bein' drunk on the job but this is the first time I've ever gotten gigs for bein' drunk on the job. I was subbing four nights for an Argentine drummer I know and the first three nights I was a good boy, as I'm trying to be lately, but the last night I showed up kinda sloppy after having spent the afternoon drinkin' beer at my sister-in-laws annual picnic B-day party. I shuffled my way thru the evening but on the last number I said, "Hell, let me sing one". I was bored to tears from playin' the same ol' R&R tunes so I belted out one of my original surrealistic blues in Spanish while the guitarist covered me on drums. I ended with one of my show stopping finales and the crowd went nuts. The following weekend a bunch of people showed up to see yours truly who was not there as I was subbing. So now they've given me three nights to do my own thang...hope I can pull it off. Here's one of the tunes I'll be doing-
http://www.nowhereradio.com/jordokid/singles
I recorded this in my own humble home studio which I call "Moco de Pavo Productions". Moco de Pavo literally means turkey snot but it's basically the same thing as sayin' chicken shit. Please keep in mind that I ain't no recording engineer an' hell I ain't even a musician...I'm just a dumbass drummer from Arkansas. Some constructive criticism would be nice but I'd even be happy with ridicule, lambasting or even outright insults.
un abrazo,
el jordo

I'd be more than happy to ridicule and lambast your recordings as soon as Nowhereradio comes back on line. It's been down all day.:D

Damn, I actually got a coupla nibbles and Waldo's left me in dry dock...well I guess it'll be up and running sooner or later and y'all can lambast and ridicule to your hearts content and help me laugh at myself. Hey Track Rat, should I do a search or would you post a link to hear your stuff?
muchas gracias,
el jordo

...sitting here in limbo...in the meanwhile, where is Ballwin,Mo? Can´t be too far from Arkyland, but if you'd rather not associate with such a place I can dig it too.
el jordo

Waldo, Waldo, Waldo

Waldo, Waldo....

:D :D :rolleyes: :D :D

Hope things get back together without much in the hair pulling department. Thanks for a great site!

Jordokid, I'll check back...:cool:

I've listened about... 20 times already? It's in my personal playlist on repeat...

Anyways, server should be running now. It's all from scratch, so let me know on the NWR forums if you run into any errors...

I think I'm going to grab some food and a nap now...

W.

The recording ain't half bad. Very cool groove. Is this the band you were fronting for? Lots of energy going on. I'm sure I'd of gotten more out of the break at the end (the chipmonk dialog) if I could do more than order a beer in spanish. Two thumbs up!:cool:

haha!! that was cool! I got a laugh out of that! thank you..

This ones all about the fun, and it came through.. It made me smile anyway! :D I wonder what your saying??? It sure sounds like your saying something funny!

great job, and good luck with the show!:D

Thanks to all for your time and opinions. I'll have to say that I was very nervous about posting one of my tunes, especially after listening to your'alls stuff but figured I'd might as well take the plunge in hopes of improving and if I get trashed it ain't gonna kill me and also thought that it was time to get out of the cave where I get caught up in political arguments and that I should concentrate more on the music.

Waldo-¡THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE YOU OFFER! I feel like I should be paying you but hell,
I'm so poor I have a hard time just paying attention but if I do hit the lottery you will be subsidized bro.

Track Rat-I did the recording a while back and should at least re-do the drums as I now have better mics, real monitors and more knowledge that I've gleaned from this BBS. These are not the guys I'll be doing the show with, it's me on voice(sic) drums and chipmunk, my kids are in there at the end and everyone else are buddies of mine. I think the sound could improve if I made the files larger as I see everyone elses empeethrees are a lot bigger. The lyrics are basically a variation on "Rock me baby, rock me all night long" and after the surrealistic finale the chipmunk says, "Wait a minute, I thought this was a blues"
Me-"yeah it is but I wanted to do something distinct for the finsh"
My kids-"Hey man, you are crazy!"
Chipmunk-"That's right, you are getting crazier by the day. Why can't you do things right instead of doing it the way you always do it?"
me-"OK, OK lets do it the way we always do it"

Hope those tornadoes didn't getcha

B.Sabbath-I'm glad you got a laugh. I try to get a reaction out of people and since laughter seems to come easier for me I try to stick with what comes naturally. My Dad use to ask me if they are laughing with me or at me and sometimes I really don't know, but hell as long as they're laughing I ain't gonna get nit picky. I guess this is what happens when you listen to too much Spike Jones in your formative years. I wish to hell I could write a romantic love song since that seems to be much more profitable but that is totally out of my range of possibilities.

thanks once more,
el jordo

Say Track Rat,
I downloaded "Test Jam". Wow, that really sounds nice. I actually got goose bumps on my arms listening to it which is one way I judge music apart from my ears. I hope to make it to your level one day. The solo sections reminded me of "Spain" by Chick Corea which is an all time favorite tune of mine. I've got a friend in Madrid who plays mandolin and I'm going to tell him to download it also.
¡Cojonudo colega!
el jordo

Back