the industrial bar clank

Cool! You have a Virus b? Me to. I love it.
It was a bitch to get a hold of. It took about 2 and1/2 months to get one. Anyway,about your question. Try the procussion first. Find a triangle sound and lower the pitch and shorten the decay and sustain times. That is about as close as you are going to get with your Emu modules. I am suprised that the nord lead dosen't have one.
If you had a sampler you could just hit a crow-bar with a hammer. You could get close by tweaking with the nord or the virus but the quick fix would be the triangle thing. Good luck.

Bleach

Buy a Sampler, preferably a hardware unit such as any AKAI S series all other samplers pale in comparison.

A lot of Roland gear from the late 80's - early 90's had this sound. Specifically the D-20 synth and the R-8 drum machine. I'm somewhat surprised that your Procussion doesn't have it though.

My V-Drums have the sound, so maybe newer Roland stuff has a similar sound too. I really like the idea of hitting the crowbar with the hammer though. Making music and releasing agression at the same time. I gotta go get a crowbar now... just what my gear addiction needs, another place to throw money: the hardware store. :D

this sort of off topic but I was wondering about that Virus b and the nord lead, Im lookin for honest opinions. also what the prices are if the Virus is still tough to get and If I should should just for get it and find other things.

no flame war intended fugue - but have you checked out the new EMU's? oh my god!! as an akai vet you owe it to yourself to look at the E4XT ultra - granted the new akai 6000 is pretty sweet...

thnmnt

I know that the Alesis D4 and DM5 have those sounds. I am sure that the DM Pro has them too. The DM Pro also allows you to import sounds from your computer, but I am not sure how that works in full. Let us know what you get.

Back