The Idiot Bows Out

Village Idiot

The Love Butler
Hey guys:

This will be the last recording I will be recording/posting for awhile.

Lots of things smacking me around a bit, getting the best of me temporarily.

I quit my band for various reasons too.

I'm kind of losing the fun of recording anyway...Wish I had some friends to do the harmonies on this song, but I don't.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

VI

"Fly On The Wall"
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3818&alid=-1

Clever song, great lyrics. Also, I think the harmonies you have in here now are fine. They evoke early Bowie.

Good luck with whatever is dogging you. But in the meantime (if you're anything like me), music helps so hopefully you'll stick around even if ya can't post stuff .

:) :)

That's a pretty funny song VI. I'm sorry to hear you're bummed about recording as of late. Hopefully inspiration will come back and smile on you again.

:cool:

Doug;

Downloading it on my slow dialup as I type. I checked out the lyrics already. Very cool and very true. Checked out the other lyrics too. Some new tunes since we last crossed paths Bro. Lota of truth in all these tunes and I'm going to have to download em.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh here it is! Sounds good Bro! Very catchy like all of your stuff. :D

I'll just be myself and say that I'm praying for ya Doug. PM or email me if ya wanna get anything off your chest.

If ya feel like it, come visit us over at CMF:

http://www.christianmusicianforum.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

Happy Hannukah, Dooode!

Blessings!!!

CR ><>

say it aint' so VI..........

man....I hope things turn around for you amigo.....

aint' nothin' like the high you get from making music dude...

well.....then there's sex but, it's like apples and oranges... :D

Hope to see you around man...Jam fest would be lacking without you...ya know?
Joe

VI,

That's a great tune!

I loved the 60's style jangle to this tune.

You are way too talented to get bummed out like you seem to be at the moment.

I wish you lived here in Toronto. I would love to record some stuff with you and help out with the productions of your music though you seem to be doing pretty good on your own.

It's only your drum tracking that is lacking a little bit and can probably be attributed to poor microphone placement more then anything mix-wise.

Keep the faith, brother!:)

Cheers! :)

Why quit VI? You have some of the most interesting songs around here.

Anyone ever hear of an old band called Herman's Hermit's? This one really sounds like them. This one's pretty good - there are others from you I've liked better. But it's still good - at least I'm paying attention to what the next line is going to say. On so many songs, I don't care so it's refreshing when I do.

I like the song - clever and nice to listen to...

Sometimes one all needs a bit of a break from doing something that I think we are a bit 'intense' in.... good luck and hopefully a decent break will refresh!

another cool tune. You make it so effortless sounding. harmony with yourself sound good.
After you get your soul searching and head cleasing done, record it and show us where you are. Thats where you`ve paint your pictures, it`ll never stop now...

Ma, you got the genre down. TMK, nobody else is doing Christian stuff like this.

Don't go hiding all that light under a bushel, ya Idiot!:mad:

:D

Merry Christmas, man. Hope it all works out.

Daf

Back