The Idea was A Blues Song...

Farno

I wanted to make a bluesy sounding song. I'm not sure what happened but it seems more like a rock and roll song with a little bluesy riff going on. Anyway is there anything that needs to be done? I think there's a few snare hits that are off beat... not sure though.

Thanks!

First I would work on my lead guitar skill and actually stay in the proper scale/mode instead of playing off note leads that don't sound very good lol. The drums aren't loud enough and they don't sound that great. Maybe also try experimenting with some new shuffles as well. That same old 12 bar blues shuffle has been done a million times already brother. Try making it something different. :D

Yep your right! Actually before you posted I realized it just didn't work. I think I figured out what I need to do now. My problem is I'm writing with my guitar in hand... not the right thing to do because it limits to what I can already play. So now I'm writing in tux guitar how I want it to sound then learning what I make.

Is there any good song writing software that anyone knows of? (I might make a thread in the songwriting section)

This blue song might just get abandoned since I don't think blues is my style (though I should start to listen and learn it).

Frano, you got brass balls! Posting here when it may not be quite ready, then admitting you make a pretty big mistake. Hell, my hat's off to you for that, alone!:drunk:

a) WAYYYY out of tune
b) the rhythm guitar is too bright and aggressive. the old blues dudes used to use REALLY long cords between guitar & amp as they knocked off some of the aggressive high end and sweetened the tone. You could just EQ some of the aggression away.

Back