The Fifth Element - Diva Dance - singing and kicking butt

Elena

Hi everyone.

This video took sooooo long to make. It took quite a while just to get the song down but then the video took forever to make and edit.

After learning all the hand motions from the Diva in the movie we did some "alien" make up and filmed the singing in front of the green screen. Well we learned later that editing the green screen with a blueish green dress is quite a challenge.

Dad choreographed the fight scenes of course and even let me beat him up like always, he he. My friend Alex got in the the butt whooping and dad even made a Parkour scene for me.

I hope you like it.

How close was the singer standing to the green screen? She has some funky green glow on her skin. That's a reflection from the background. I think more distance and better lighting will help.

You shouldn't have too much problem with the blue dress and the green background. I think you did because the green screen is not illuminated uniformly. From the out-takes, I can see that you guys used lighting mostly on the singer and didn't illuminate the green screen good enough. This causes a lot of different shades of green and the chroma-key has to have a wide setting to filter all the different shades. Lighting the green screen is essential because you really want just one shade of green.

Also, this thread should be in the Music Video forum and I'll move it there.

How close was the singer standing to the green screen? She has some funky green glow on her skin. That's a reflection from the background. I think more distance and better lighting will help.

You shouldn't have too much problem with the blue dress and the green background. I think you did because the green screen is not illuminated uniformly. From the out-takes, I can see that you guys used lighting mostly on the singer and didn't illuminate the green screen good enough. This causes a lot of different shades of green and the chroma-key has to have a wide setting to filter all the different shades. Lighting the green screen is essential because you really want just one shade of green.

Also, this thread should be in the Music Video forum and I'll move it there.

We use the green screen all the time with much better results. In the out take you may see that the dress is really more green than in the final render. The only way to get the results even this good was to change the color of the dress in the software first. Here is an example of a better keying job.

Oh, Chili, I joined this forum for the singing critique. Could you put this post back there? Thanks.

Back