The Drums sound so good.

dannymix

I produce Dance music mainly Trance/House, I can spend quite a while trying to get my Roland JV1080 drums to fit in with the music
but never sound as good as the pro Trance tracks on radio/CD e.c.t.

Where do these drum patterns get programed and where do the drum sounds come from? If they are all from a sampler how come they sound so much better than a synths drums?

They are all sampled or tweaked drum machines and stolen loops.

If your's dont sound as good it is probably more your overall recording techniques or the JV.

Record your drum sounds to disc (tape) and treat them like any other audio source. Use compression and EQ as neccessary and shape the sound. Make it your bitch.

I think much of your problem is choice of sounds.. (but thats guessing)..

Know what sounds to look for or rather what sounds you want, and look for them, and if your Roland doesn't have them.. get a different Keyboard....

Your limitation is due to available sounds.

Sounds like you would be better served by a sampler.. then you can buy an infinite amount of loop and sample cdroms, audtion them, and buy the cdroms with the loops/drums you require....

I don't know much about the Roland JV thing, but I imagine it's a synth of some sort, and that the presets are limited.....

Get yourself a good sample cd and a soft sampler. You'll be set. Believe me.

Try Megaton Trance bomb for some "pro" drum and trance samples. E-lab also makes some fantastic trance samples.

Then lay down a couple hundred for a nice soft sampler.

Try www.bigfishaudio.com and www.soundsonline.com for the most popular sample cds out right now. Both sites have demos of every cd they sell so you can get a good idea of what to look for.

Although your in england, I recommend big fish audio. They have great service and fast delivery. I just got two cds from them a few days ago. They even sent me to bonus cds with close to a 1000 extra loops in every conceiveable style.

Back