the Digi002 Rack is out!!

Clark_Griswold

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! THe product I personally have been waiting for...

Digi 002 Rack — 2U Rackmountable FireWire Pro Tools LE Studio-in-a-Box

Experience the power of Pro Tools in an all-in-one solution for only $1,295 USD.

Direct your creative outlets to the latest Pro Tools project studio innovation: Digi 002 Rack, the first-ever rackmountable FireWire-based Pro Tools product from Digidesign.

Designed with both recording and performing musicians in mind, Digi 002 Rack features analog, digital and MIDI I/O, 24-bit/96 kHz clarity, and powerful 32-track Pro Tools LE software to provide you with a creative playground like no other, on either Mac OS X or soon, Windows XP*.

Just like it's big brother, Digi 002, FireWire connectivity means your Digi 002 Rack is as portable as you want it to be. Work on Pro Tools LE sessions at home, then take Digi 002 Rack to a gig to record live inspiration. Either way, you get professional, renowned Pro Tools quality, full cross-platform session compatibility across the Pro Tools product family, and the easiest, most powerful way of affordably bringing your music to life. Whether you're a DJ, an electronic musician, a singer/songwriter, or in a band, Digi 002 Rack covers your audio and MIDI bases like only a Pro Tools solution can.

click to enlarge

Digi 002 Rack features include:

FireWire connectivity — A single FireWire/IEEE-1394 cable conveys all digital audio, MIDI data, and Pro Tools data between Digi 002 Rack and your PC or Mac

24-bit/96 kHz fidelity

18 channels of audio I/O: 8 analog (with 4 mic preamps), 8 ADAT optical, and 2 S/PDIF

Integrated MIDI I/O (16 channels in/32 channels out)

32-track Pro Tools LE 6.x software

Includes DigiRack plug-ins

Get to setting your creativity free now — check out Digi 002 Rack today!

Digi 002 Rack compatibility information.

*Windows support coming soon with the Pro Tools 6.1 software release

Clark_Griswold, do you have the link you copied it from? I want to see it! ;)

That's way cheaper than the original. That's gonna piss people off that originally wanted the 002 this way in the first place, but shelled out the $2k for the tabletop version because they had to have it.

Interesting.

Its cheaper because it doesn't have the interface. Its just a -002 verson of the -001. For some people with -001 they already had a digital or analog mixer to interface with it so to offer the -002 with integrated mixer left out those folks. The -002 with integrated mixer would be better if it had 8 mic channels and 16 channel faders...IMO.

SoMM

How are the preamps on that? I'm assuming that they will be the same ones from the digi002 mixer. What's the quality? Do they rank with mackie, or soundcraft, or neve (I WISH)? Just curious. I'm almost wanting to buy this so I can use protools.

What about the a/d? Better than a 1010?

wow -- that's a great gear and the price is amazingly "low" (compared to other fun stuff, e.g. a helicopter or a boat) ;-)

Is the "Digi 002 rack" out yet? At this price, and including ProTools, I am tempted to get it! Did anyone check it our yet?

i am always wondering why everyone is so interested in the quality of onboard pres. Does anyone use them? I always use channel strips to amplify a signal and never bother about the quality of the pres on my mixer/daw. Anyway.

Giganova said:
i am always wondering why everyone is so interested in the quality of onboard pres. Does anyone use them? I always use channel strips to amplify a signal and never bother about the quality of the pres on my mixer/daw. Anyway.

It's always a bonus to be able to use pres you're paying for.

i'm looking at getting the digi002.. does it work with other apps suck as wavelab,samplitude 7 and nuendo.. or is it 100% pro tools..???
i think thr digi001 works with other apps.. just wondering if the digi002R does too. at 1300 it seems to be well worth it..

c9-2001 said:
i'm looking at getting the digi002.. does it work with other apps suck as wavelab,samplitude 7 and nuendo.. or is it 100% pro tools..???
i think thr digi001 works with other apps.. just wondering if the digi002R does too. at 1300 it seems to be well worth it..

Digi recently released its second Beta ASIO driver for its hardware. I've been using it for months with no problems, so yes, you can use the 002 rack with other programs that use ASIO.

The beta driver currently does not support the MIDI i/o on the 001 and 002, but search the DUC for the thread about a 3rd party file that fixes that. Or email me. It's a small file and I'll send it to you. Been using it for several weeks now- no viruses or system instability.

Take care,
Chris

Wen I am ready to move to OSX, I will go for this. I have not moved to OSX becuase Digital Performer, which I use, was not on OSX until recently.

Now I have not changed because I have so many OS9.2 programs that I want to sue. The answer would be to go dual processor with OSX, pute DP4 and Pro Tools 6.1 with an 002 Rack...I guess

The absolute only reason for this is becuase many of the productions that others work on that I need to access are in pro tools format. I happen to love Digital Performer for the midi stuff though.

I am wondering if I will be able to transfer projects from one format to the other wiwth ease if they are both on the same computer.

Back