The different types of reverb

AbuziveMusik

Hey guys,

I reacently invested in a new reverb pedal for my guitar, the cathedral by electro harmonix, and i was wondering if it would be worthwhile to use it for recording vocals and what not. But mainly i was wondering if you could give me a starter point (resume i guess) for my different reverbs: Spring, hall, room and plate

thanks

Maybe this video will help you out. Some of the examples are pretty extreme, but it will give you a good starting point for the basic sounds.

I don't think the Cathedral would be best for recording vocals. I'd rather just use a plug-in for vocals, but you could always "reamp" your vocals through the Cathedral to experiment with some sounds.

I reacently invested in a new reverb pedal for my guitar, the cathedral by electro harmonix, and i was wondering if it would be worthwhile to use it for recording vocals and what not.

Although you could use it on vocals it's not such a great idea to record vocals with reverb (except in the monitors). I would just use it on guitar since recording with reverb is often preferable.

Maybe this video will help you out. Some of the examples are pretty extreme, but it will give you a good starting point for the basic sounds.

I don't think the Cathedral would be best for recording vocals. I'd rather just use a plug-in for vocals, but you could always "reamp" your vocals through the Cathedral to experiment with some sounds.

What I learned from that is not to ever put spring reverb on drums.

Are you asking what each reverb is emulating or just what one you think we would think is preferable on vocals?

If the second I vote one of the spaces either room or hall.

If the second I vote for plate. Everyone has different opinions so that's why you have to try so many things.

Back