The Death Of My "Ear-Muffs"

Sinistah

Plutonium Bundle Advocate
well Headphones, them cheap shits lasted me thru about an album worth of recordings, give or take...... i'm pretty sure they were worth no more than $15 bucks because they came with a discman, but my neice stepped on them and they now look as if they survived a small war......

so i'm asking is there any recommendations for a nice pair of all-purpose ones or even specific pairs for recording and mixing that are good from the range of $1-$199, it can be slightly above the $200 mark

pardon the rambling and shoot me some suggestions, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
http://www.itrstudio.com/moreme.html

Can't go wrong for the price, ad you will never, ever get a better warrentee or service.

Save the extra money to buy monitors, mising with headphones is an excercise in frustration- headphone don't give an accurate rendition of the stere spread of a mix when heard through speakers and basically make it a real challenge to get a mix that will translate well outside your system.

Good luck,
Daav

:DYo Sin-Man:

The Beyer DT250s do a nice job; I've been using a couple of pair in my studio for 3/4 years--no problema and they are comfortable on the noggin.

I also have a set of Beyer DT 770s, equally as good and even softer on the cranium.

Is it me or has the price of cans jumped up a couple of notches? But, I think new Beyer cans will be less than your budget statement.

The Audio-Technica M50s are also nice; I just got a pair. Bright and clear but I won't put my Beyer cans in the attic.

Green Hornet

Back