The Dallas Show Rocked

gibs

Every imaginable axe.....(ok, no vintage Starfields, lol).....

I got to lay my hands on anything I wanted to, as well.....

Gibson Custom had Pods set up with headphones, and I got to play different re-issue Les Pauls...burstbucker pick ups rule , I might add...........

Minor gripe, Gibson had no new regular production models there...so I didn't get to actually see the new Standards that are so different from last year....

Let me also add that I was not impressed with the Pods.......best sound was the British Blues setting.....best virtual amp was the Rectifier, and it wasn't all that great...the Fender Twin setting blew monkey nuts....the clean setting...uhhh...wasn't.......to be fair, I used two different ones......results, to me, to my ears, in my opinion, (disclaimer, so nobody gets their panties in a wad because I don't like the Pod) the same with both.........

I got to get touchy feely with some 50's Strats and Teles.......and they weren't relics, they looked and played great......

Mesa Boogie was a huge booth...........

Hamburgers were 4 bucks....fries were 4 bucks.....beer was 4 bucks.....me only buying 1 hamburger, 1 order fries, and 1 beer......... priceless.................. .................gibs... :D

64Firebird, it's still going on today til 6pm, you've got time...Fair Park automotive building, and they're using the grant street entrance................gibs

Thanks gibs, but I live all the way down in Burleson and I had to pick up my kid and put him to bed for school.

I'll keep saving my pennys for the Arlington show in Oct.

Back