The complete quickguide to sound forging your vinyl to CD

radiogold

Just completed hours ago!!

The complete LP2CD guide; covers all aspects of transferring your favourite records on to CD, in 16 informative sections. Everything from choosing the right equipment, to getting the right plugs and connections, through to using the different functions on Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 6.0. Clean up and revive that legendary piece of music, lost at the back of your record collection.

http://www.2prfm.com/lp2cd/

Enjoy!!!

Well done, good starting point for any newby.

You might add:

- a section on turntable setup
- a section on cleaning your LP's

Or add links to that effect.

Both are essential to get the best out of the LP before you start.

I have an easier way........just play the damned things on your turntable.........don't have one?
Well there are more turntable manufacturers now than there were ten years ago so go get one.

Lt. Bob said:
I have an easier way........just play the damned things on your turntable.........don't have one?
Well there are more turntable manufacturers now than there were ten years ago so go get one.

Do they have an indash car turntable?

kremitmusic said:
Do they have an indash car turntable?
:D

Yeah....I bet those don't work too well. I believe some of them used special records that only worked on those machines.

I always wanted a guide to putting vinyl on cd. My dad has thousands of records just sitting on a shelf. Some very good albumns too. Thanks! Just a question. Last time I tried doing this, I simply got a rca plug to 1/8 plug and used the dub out (also tried tape out) of my stereo receiver. Is there a reason this doesnt work? The recording got all sorts of nasty distortion.

Well if it's the line in to a Cd burner then it should work. Make sure the burner input is set to analog in and if that doesn't work....then the problem might be with the reciever.

Should work that way. Can you hear the music out of the receiver on some speakers or headphones? Is it also distorted? If so, then where did you hook the turntable into?

Coming out of the speakers of the system, the record plays fine, but when I put it throught the line in of the computer, the sound out of the computer distorts horribly. I think I'll have to try doing this again to make sure I hooked it up right before just to double check. I'll tell you what happens when I do it. It was a couple years ago when I tried this method of vinyl to cd.

Back