The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I never got into King Crimson
I read about them for 22 years before I listened to them. Then just around the time my first son was born {end of 2001} I read a really good biography of them by a guy called Sid Smith and that inspired me to check out two albums, "In the court of the Crimson King" and "Larks tongue in aspic." I got them out of my local library. I wasn't immediately blown away, in fact, I found them a bit overrated. I didn't like "Epitaph" on the first album or "Talking Drum" on the second. But I gave them time and within a couple of months, grew to love them. I still do.
And Ian McDonald was integral to that first album, as a songwriter, on guitar, flute, sax and mellotron.

For a lot of people, King Crimson is an acquired taste. Plus, there's are massive shifts depending on the group involved. It more and more became Robert Fripp's world with a supporting cast of revolving members.

Grim, you might check out the album "McDonald and Giles". It was a project that Michael Giles and Ian McDonald did after Court of the Crimson King. Lots of elements of early King Crimson, but much more mellow. Perfect 70's laid back music! It has been posted on Youtube.

Grim, you might check out the album "McDonald and Giles". It was a project that Michael Giles and Ian McDonald did after Court of the Crimson King. Lots of elements of early King Crimson, but much more mellow. Perfect 70's laid back music!
I always liked the album cover of that.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Yesterday, all they said was "mental illness". Today I hear she suffered from depression (for some time) and took her own life.

It sadly happens. Imagine being in a world that praises you, and you don't feel secure with yourself?
I don't understand it, but I have seen it way too often without fame being involved.
Depression is an illness. Seems the medications for it are not working...Usually an addiction to something that ends up with this result... In the end, She is no longer in pain. We can only hope that is what her family feels. I have 2 friends that have made a suicide choice. I am mad at all of them to this day.

Back