The brown man just delivered my DMP3...

prestomation

...sweet. The only pres I have besides the DMP are the ones in my Behringer digi mixer. I havn't got to record using it yet, but I will soon enough ;)

Anyway, I've got a couple question. The gain pots are a little scratchy. It's not really a problem, seeing as it's fairly quiet and I won't change the gain while i'm recording anyway, but I was wondering if this is normal? I checked both channels, both are like that.

Another question. My setup is the digital mixer interfacing digitally with my computer over ADAT using a Steinberg VSL2020 PCI card. I'm sure the converters in the VSL are better then the ones in the behringer, but they are on RCA jacks.... I'm gonna try it out, but does anyone have any thoughts about it? The distance between the comp and the DMP3 wouldn't be very long(4-5 ft), but it'd most likely go right by the CRT and power and stuff. I guess it's finding the lesser of two evils...

Anyways, that's my rant for the day.

Scratchy pots on any new piece of gear is most definately not normal. I'd make em send you a new one if it were me.

Back