***the big 15% off sale on gls mics & cables is back!***

Thanks for the heads up.

As luck would have it, I need some live drum mics and have a pitifully small budget. How do those '57 clones perform?

Thanks for the heads up.

As luck would have it, I need some live drum mics and have a pitifully small budget. How do those '57 clones perform?

...a bit hotter than the real thing but still quite impressive...and built like a tank...at these prices, they're a steal for sure...

WhiteStrat posted a demo of a project he was working on that used the 57s on toms. PM him or search for the thread for a sample.

Thanks for all the info guys! I pulled the trigger on a 3-pack of 57's. They arrived well packed, and got to me in Indiana in just 48 hours!

I did a quick acoustic guitar and voice recording of one of these and also a Shure 57.

Wow!

After a quick listen, the GLS definitely has a hotter output, but it also sounded slightly beefier than the Shure. Absolutely worth the $$.

Thanks for all the info guys! I pulled the trigger on a 3-pack of 57's. They arrived well packed, and got to me in Indiana in just 48 hours!

I did a quick acoustic guitar and voice recording of one of these and also a Shure 57.

Wow!

After a quick listen, the GLS definitely has a hotter output, but it also sounded slightly beefier than the Shure. Absolutely worth the $$.

I used these today to mic the drum kit they were purchased for. Worked out fine.

Back