The best rock you've heard in years

shiatzu

hey folks, it's been a long time but i kinda took a break from recording. sorry about the myspace link but it's the only place dave has stored his mp3s... it should start playing right away when you visit the site. this is my friend's solo project, we recorded in less than a week and it was mixed in less than 4 hours since he needed the master for the release show (which started 6 hours later, luckily he runs a short-run cd duplication business).

i should mention that i've been listening to a lot of pinback lately and now a heavy bass and kickdrum sounds natural to me.

http://www.myspace.com/thedangerbees

thanks guys,
rob

Hey Rob. Going to beat you up good, hope it helps some. Note: hosting on my space isn't helping you out.

This sounds pretty sterile but what really kills it is the singing. The drums sound boxed and backwards and the bass guitar needs some top end. The guitar sounds a tad overcompressed and bit too loud in the mix. The lead guitar could use some build up so it doesn't sound like someone getting through a lesson. The singer is dragging and needs to use more dynamics and feeling with his voice. Hope he opens up and his live gig goes well.

NYMorningstar said:
Hey Rob. Going to beat you up good, hope it helps some. Note: hosting on my space isn't helping you out.

This sounds pretty sterile but what really kills it is the singing. The drums sound boxed and backwards and the bass guitar needs some top end. The guitar sounds a tad overcompressed and bit too loud in the mix. The lead guitar could use some build up so it doesn't sound like someone getting through a lesson. The singer is dragging and needs to use more dynamics and feeling with his voice. Hope he opens up and his live gig goes well.

if i wanted praise i would have made my mom listen to it, i appreciate the feedback.

the performances, unfortunately, i couldn't keep up to par. we had a 1-week deadline to record an 8-song EP (it's not my solo project, so i wasn't the one who made the schedule). that said, even though it's not my best recording work i hoped to at least get an idea of what i was doing wrong and chalk it up to experience or some such thing. thanks again for the feedback.

cheers!
Rob

Hey man not bad for a tight deadline. The vocalist should focus on having a little more dynamics between chorus/verse. The performance and delivery doesn't sound as strong as it could be. What do I know though? Im mostly a metal head haha.

Decent tune man....not my favorite genre, but this is pretty well done. Nice voice. I agree, the vox could use a bit more dynamics...if he really let loose at times. nothing bad here, it would have just stood out some if he was a bit more energetic.
But, that being said, not a bad tune at all. Nice job man....

Back