The "Best" Acoustic Piano Software??

WERNER 1

Hey guys, I was wondering what you all thought was the absolute best acoustic piano software out there right now....

I've checked out NI's "Akoustik Piano" as well as Synthogy's Ivory one....are there any others out there that are top notch??

Thanks,
Rick

Q: Whats the best hammer to pound a nail???

A: Depends on what you're doing; a 5lb sledgehammer isn't going to be good to drive tiny finishing brads.

Too many different types and sound of pianos out there.
Your acoustic grand isn't going to fit into honky-tonk and an upright is going to sound awful in classical.

Pick the piano for the song; there is no one "best"....

Generally speaking .....

Seeing as how I'm not a keyboard player, I'm trying to find which software packages are considered by most to be heads and shoulders above the others......in the wide open spectrum of the acoustic piano as a whole

My goal is to have a good acoustic piano sound available to piano/keyboard players when they come here to record ...

Thanks,
Rick

:cool:

I haven't heard all of them.

I had the Reason Piano Refills which were awesome. Had lots of different types of pianos recorded for almost all genres, not only that, but it came with a built in mixer kind of thing where you can control the gain of each mic used to record the piano. There were about 6 or more mics used to record each piano if I remember correctly. I think that will give you quality sound and still the versatility you need.

As for a one-size-fits-all piano, I think Ivory sounds like the best one I've heard so far. But then again, it wouldn't fit all genres.

The pianos in the Reason Refill were more than usable, and I'd go as far as to say, even for professional studios.

IMO... humble or otherwise... IVORY takes the trophy... and not just my opinion... check over at keyboard mags site and the boys over there will tell you the same... gearslutz too...

Back