The Barn Studio- new mixes

Really like the instruments, that's a pretty loud mix! Am I wrong in thinking the vocals have a pretty strong pitch correction on them? It sounds robotic to me, but he could just be a near-perfect-pitch singer I suppose!

I agree with the robotic voice thing, I think its most apparent around 3 minutes.
In my opinion the first two choruses have too much reverb, again my opinon, and listening on computer speakers. Bad news out on to the good
I think you guys have great songs and excellent production, the two don't often meet on many songs i hear on the internet. I loved the acoustic guitar, great introduction to the song. Aside from the vocal issues a great mix.

Upon further listening, I found myself turning it down a little bit over and over again: a sign of ear fatigue. This is mastered pretty damn hot man, perhaps bringing down that limiter gain might add back in some dynamics and make it easier to listen to? Or maybe my headphones suck hah

Sounds decent but why do people insist on using myspace for evaluating mixes? They use a bunch of bass enhancement bs and the high end is missing.

Back