The Adam passive monitors--yea or nay?

So far I've read two negative comments on the Adam passive monitors which retail @350 pezzutos each one.

Thanks for your comments and evaluations.

Green Hornet :D ;) :) :rolleyes:

It is really still important to try them out for yourself though. ADAm is a quality company. I may have been one of the two negative reports. My information (which I would have made a disclaimer about) was second hand, although it was from people I trust. It is quite possible though that you may really like them. Monitors are such a personal decision. The very thing that I may like about one pair of monitors may be the same thing that you dislike about them. For me personally, I have not really found anything that compares to the Dynaudio passives in their price range. I do not have much experience with the BM5's though. I have a lot of experience with the Dyanaudio BM6's and BM15's, and some with the M series Dynaudio's. I have been considering the possibility of moving up to the AIR series, but am in no hurry since the BM15's are working wonderfully for me right now:)

Yo X-man:

Many thanks for your evaluations. You're absolutely right about the "ears" of one person choosing certain features of certain monitors.

I may just wait a bit and do more evaluating before I send my KRKs to the storage vault.

Green Hornet :D

When I bought monitors, it was really frustrating because I didn't have access to different ones to listen for myself. I relied on "reviews" here by people who owned different ones and ended up getting a set of powered monitors I like a lot; I'm glad I got them.

But I still don't really know for myself what else is out there. It's a real area of weakness for me.

Back