Tex-Mex Strat. "Deal" or "No Deal"?

hixmix said:
Is this a great deal or just an ok deal?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ndard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517593

Guitar comes with hard case and gig bag.

Also wondering how the MIM Tex-Mex plays and feels compared to the MIA Standard(which I'm used to playing).
I have tried a MIM and found the narrow frets a bit off putting compared to the MIA with larger frets. But it was an OK instrument, that was all I found lacking. 10 years down the track might be a bit different.

I would reccomend checking out the Highway One Series of guitars. Although they are considerable more costy.

hixmix said:
Is this a great deal or just an ok deal?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ndard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517593

Guitar comes with hard case and gig bag.

Also wondering how the MIM Tex-Mex plays and feels compared to the MIA Standard(which I'm used to playing).

If you're used to playing an american standard....why do you want a MIM?
Im assuming you own an american standard.

The mexican strats are OK im my opinion...definately not world class, but don't suck either.
I have not heard many good reviews on tex-mex pickups though. Maybe thats why they are loading these strats with those pickups....there are alot of them laying around the fender shop taking up space....because they won't sell. Kind of like when coke came out with "new coke" a few years back....nobody like it...then they came out with "cherry coke" and I swear it tasted like new coke with cherry flavoring. :D

Looks like a tempting deal with the case included. Sounds like it may not have the new trem block and cavity treatment of the 2006's.
I recentley bought a highway one used 2 weeks but like new for $440 plus shipping. The HW1 has a much nicer neck and fret work, extremely quite
pickups, low output but quite. But the satin finish is hard to get use to.

jimistone said:
If you're used to playing an american standard....why do you want a MIM?
Im assuming you own an american standard.

:confused:

Good question. I don't know. I've never played a MIM Fender.

Yes, I do have an American Standard.

i have a mexistrat, and its okay, but only having 21 frets sucks. the quality is good, and it feels nice, but its nothing special. for that much money you could do way better.

Back