Testing a mixer

teknomike

Oldbie
Wondering the best way to test a mixer if all the seller has available is the mixer itself. :rolleyes:

If I bring a set of headphones, a mic, and possibly a line level device (portable cd player), at least I could check all the inputs, correct ?

Any other thoughts ? Any quick way to check line outs without a big pile of gear ?

Thanks,
Mike

(reason for this is a 1402VLZ for sale relatively cheap here, but the guy has the unit at work)

If you bring all the above and an effects processor or mic pre or something you have with input metering (like an MPX 500 or a compressor), you can go from the line and main outs, and aux outs, and if there is signal you will see it on the meters, and you can check the aux returns easier, too. Just be careful running those main outs into a processor.

Thanks, boingoman - good idea !
I have an SPX90 I can use for that (I just hope he's got 110V power - maybe I'll have to take a xfmr too ...)
I'll just make sure the input is down when checking the main outs. Tks.

Hope I get this thing, I've just realized it's cheaper than I thought ...

Threw a note in the cave about this - did buy it, started to test it, all the inputs work great. But the damn wife decided to have a baby, so the rest of the test is on hold ... :rolleyes:

By the by - I bought it for approx 155 USD as of yesterday's exchange rate.... :cool:

Back