Tempo Track Doesn't Work

fincaman

Hello All, I have been using Cubase 5 for some years. For the first time I want to slow down the last 4 or 5 bars of a piece but I can't get the tempo track to work. I have watched the Cubase tutorial and done exactly what it says but when I put a ramp down in the tempo track despite the tempo in the transport bar showing a tempo change nothing happens to the music. I have a project that I need on hold and can't finish it Help Please !!!

Ok I guess I am going to have to put up this tutorial now. This is directly related to the tempo detection/audio warp thread.

Just a heads up, unless it's midi tracks a drastic slow down on a song might sound weird. It's much better to do the slow down yourself with acoustic instruments.

In order for the tracks to respond to the tempo track, you need to make sute that the channel is in music mode (the button on the inspector is on note, instead of clock) and all the audio clips are set to the same. Both the audio and the channel have to be set correctly or it wont happen.

Ok I guess I am going to have to put up this tutorial now. This is directly related to the tempo detection/audio warp thread.

Just a heads up, unless it's midi tracks a drastic slow down on a song might sound weird. It's much better to do the slow down yourself with acoustic instruments.
It's just a backing track so I need to slow it down with cubase

In order for the tracks to respond to the tempo track, you need to make sute that the channel is in music mode (the button on the inspector is on note, instead of clock) and all the audio clips are set to the same. Both the audio and the channel have to be set correctly or it wont happen.
Hello There, I have created a test project with one audio track and a tempo track I have created a jump of tempo from 120 to 70 The track is on musical when the curser passes the jump the tempo in the transport panel goes from 120 to 70 but the audio track is unaffected. When I stop the track playing I've noticed that if I toggle the tempo track on and off the track lengthens and shortens (shorter with it on) I can't help feeling that it is somehow not switched on

Double click on the audio to open up the editing window.
Click the button with a 1/4 note on it.

Now it should work.

Back