Tempo curve

Scoop

Hi,
Anyone know how to change the tempo of a track with a curve for affect... kinda like a vinyl being slowed down?
All help/suggestions VERY welcome...
Thanks.

Project --> Tempo Track (in SE, anyway)

The tempo track should give you options of how to transition between tempos.

Exactly. For that effect, select "Ramp", from the "Insert Curve" list (Which allows you to draw the Ramp right from when you insert it). You can use "Jump", but it requires a whole lot more points to be drawn, but affords more control, and either way set any and all points you want to make a ramp and select ramp from the first "Curve" menu.

Thanks for resonses...
I did that and I hear the metronome slowing accordingly, but what I want is to actually slow down a pre-recorded track, not slow down while tracking...
Hope this makes sense...
Thanks,
Scoop

Scoop said:
Thanks for resonses...
I did that and I hear the metronome slowing accordingly, but what I want is to actually slow down a pre-recorded track, not slow down while tracking...
Hope this makes sense...
Thanks,
Scoop

Audio or midi? MIDI should automatically slow down when you change the tempo. Audio is more tricky. You can use the "Time-Stretch" tool. Otherwise, changing the tempo of audio will change the pitch.

scrubs said:
Audio or midi? MIDI should automatically slow down when you change the tempo. Audio is more tricky. You can use the "Time-Stretch" tool. Otherwise, changing the tempo of audio will change the pitch.

Audio I'm afraid... I tried the timestretch... makes it sound very digital and isn't a curve.
I'm trying to get the whole track to go from normal speed to slow to a stop over a period of say 4secs (I want the pitch to change, its the effect I'm going for).
Kinda like a dj would do... I guess a dj software package might be the answer...

Tricky one :confused:

For the pitch change, if you get the audio and open it up, (double click). Then highlight the bit you want to slow down and right click process. There should be a pitchshifter effect. In that there is a way of shifting the pitch at a gradient, so that it starts normal and finishes, however many semitones you tell it, lower.

Then if you want you can time stretch it to give the effect of slowing down. Perhaps if you cut it up into bits and time stretch each bit in stages, streching out the end more than the beginning.

Back