tell me what you think

THE GREATEST
this is a joint that sounds like a nice intro to get the crowd jumping and ready for the show. i like the energy in this track.

CRY BITCH
this is a nice R&B beat. i can picture Floetry or India Irie on this all day. i like the harp loop it's chopped up really nice. this is one of those joints i can pump while driving to work in the morning or cleaning the crib on the weekend with the incense burning.

SPEAK TO ME
this is fire. the church organ and tamborines adds a nice touch to the feel, they compliment the hook. the kick droppping out is nice. this track has a good swing

TOO LATE
this has a nice Erica Badu jaguar wright feel to it but on the uptempo side. the drum pattern could have been changed up here and there. nice velocity jumps on the hats and the water drops sound cool, i like how you delayed the water drop on the 4th bar

"Greatest" - I like this one, I'ts got a nice bounce feel. I like how you flipped the drums

"Cry" - nice chop up. You might want to add a bass line to fill it out.

"Speak to Me" - You took'em church didn't ya...It's got a nice bounce feel to it too... I like it, as before you might want to add a thicker bass to give it more bottom.

"Too Late" - I can see Sade on this one. Like a hip hop remix to one of her songs. I'm feeling this one the most. I can also see a rapper on this one gettin' into some heartfelt subjects

I'm feeling what you're doing ova there.

HI-JACKED BY BEATMAKERS said:
THE GREATEST
LIKE THE ENERGY FEEL TO THIS MYSELF

CRY BITCH
LIKE THE COMPOSITION BUT I WAS NOT FEELING THE SOUND OF THE KICK DRUM AND THE SNARE. THE DRUMS DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH PUNCH FOR ME IT REMINDED ME OF SOME OLD SCHOOL JAZZ. COULDNT PICTURE ANYBODY ON IT BUT EVERY SOONG AINT MENT TO BE PICTURED WITH SOMEBODY ON IT. IT SEEMS MORE JAZZY WHICH IS COOL OR MORE ON THE SPOKEN WORD TIP

SPEAK TO ME
WHEN THAT SPEAK LORD CAM IN I WAS LIKE THIS IS GONE BE RAW I FELT LET DONE THO WHEN THE BEAT CAME IT. THE SAMPLE AS YOU HAVE IT IS HOTTER THAN THE TRACK. THE BEAT IS GOOD DONT GET ME WRONG BUT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE YOU USE THE SAMPLE IN ANOTHER WAY. ITS KINDA LIKE PUTTING YO BURGER ON TOP OF BOTH PIECES OF BREAD INSTEAD OF BETWEEN THEM YEA ITS STILL A BURGER BUT IT WOULD TASTE BETTER IF THE BURGER WAS BETWEEN. THE ORGAN PURE MADNESS I LOVED IT. I WISH I HAD THIS SAMPLE SO I COULD TRY MY HAND AT IT BUT I THINK YOU GOT IT IN YOU TO MAKE IT HOT YOU GOT TO GOOD ELEMENTS A GOOD BEAT(CHOCOLATE) AND A HOT SAMPLE (PEANUT BUTTER) YOU JUST GOTTA TURN IT INTO A REESES

TOO LATE
LOVED THE INTRO AND THE SERENENESS BUT THE DRUMS ONCE AGAIN I WASNT FEELING THE PATTERN WAS NICE BUT THE SOUNDS WERE A LIL WEAK. I KNOW EVERYTHING DONT HAVE TO BE BEATING DOWN THE BLOCK BUT THIS NEEDS MORE OF A PRESENCE DRUM WISE TO OFFSET THE SERENITY AND ACCENT IT. I WASNT FEELING THE VOCAL SAMPLE IN THIS ONE

I SEE FROM YO SITE YOU DOWN WITH KEVLAR DO YO THANG

The Greatest: Ya, nice CD intro. Like the samples and scratches. Adds a nice touch.

Cry Bitch: Like the drums. I wonder how it would sound with the guitars up a little? The drums take over a little. Otherwise like it.

Speak to me: Man with that sample, this could be a banger! With the sample, the other instruments kind of clash a little.

Too Late: Nice R&B Track. You know me, I like those big drums, so I think this track would sound good with a fatter kick. Like in "Cry Bitch". I could also hear this beat in a movie or commercial. :D

-I like how each of us point out things that the other didn't. That's how we help polish up tracks and make it a banger! :D

Man, I need to get some new tracks up here to up my game...

you down with killa kev! oh ish, tell him we said what's up and stay in school don't be a fool. seriously if this is the same kevlar we know around here tell him we said what's up.

C R E A T I V I T Y

That's good work Big Boi!

Speak To Me is Buttah "Ya Heard"............Gotta put it where ya know it! That sample blows Kanye's "Jesus Walks", which wasn't bad, to shreds......
Do dat der!

i dont think the sample on the church song goes with the beat its with -- thats just my 2 cents -- the sample is a banger - i was hopin for somethin more edgy with the beat though

im feelin the rest of em AS IS -- n i really like that "TOO LATE" -- THAT SHIT IS NICE N LAID BACK

Back